Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 DHG Bullitt that I’ve owned since 2008 and haven’t had any problems until now. Started her up the other day and engine ran for about 10 seconds then quit and the message readout went haywire, horn repeatedly honked and nothing works now. I believe the Powertrain Control Module has crashed and Ford may not produce new ones since the car is 14 years old. Anyone else experience this? Are there remains available anywhere? HELP!!!

tric22

· Registered
956 Posts
Looks like they can be found in a couple places, but there may be some other things to try first. Something like just disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to reset things. Or following the procedure here:
Ford Mustang GT 2005-2014: How to Reset Your ECU

The other time I've seen gauges and readouts go wild is with bad batteries, or bad alternators. And the Alternators in these cars are known to go bad. Sticking a volt meter on the battery to make sure its good could be a good idea also.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like they can be found in a couple places, but there may be some other things to try first. Something like just disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to reset things. Or following the procedure here:

The other time I've seen gauges and readouts go wild is with bad batteries, or bad alternators. And the Alternators in these cars are known to go bad. Sticking a volt meter on the battery to make sure its good could be a good idea also.

Dear Bullitt 5989....Thank you VERY much!
tric22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts