Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect this is going to be a go, so here are some thoughts I have, but I would really like to get your ideas too.
I believe we could start and finish at the Fuddrckers in Lake Forest. Plenty of parking, food, beverages, bathrooms etc. Stopping points should be about a half hour appart. One could be Cooks Corner, but how about some ideas for others.
It would be fantastic if we could have a Bullitt at each check in location. Is that possible? Someone would need to man each point, check them in and give out the card.
We could use a card sealed in an envelope, or have them draw a card at each check in, and then mark it on one master sheet that they carry. Either will work well. The sheet will save time at the end.
I can get some prizes/donations, but the more we can come up with, the better the turnout. Part of the entry fee, I'm thinking $25.00 per hand, should go to cash prizes, but what percent or amount? Fifty percent? And then what charity(s) should we consider? I think any legit. organization who gives a high (somewhere around 80) percent to the actual charity would be good.
Finally, lets find a time when we can all meet somewhere and set it up. Could this be the first meeting of the Southern California Bullitts? Do we need a name worthy of our magnitude?
This is going to be very cool!
Let me know.
Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
JUST A IDEA ?

If you do a poker run through So.Cal and end up on the coast in Santa Barbara
I will put on the BBQ at the end for everyone ?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well, as noted in the original thread, Karen and I are in.......That said, you may want to reconsider the Cooks Corner stop. If you have been by there lately on the weekend, there is no parking whatsoever from all the Harleys....Something close to that point may work.....

Oh, and totally agree that this may very well be a great time to start the mentioned Orange County / So Cal Bullitts... Karen and I would be happy to help with that project as well. Let's do this OC.......

Mike and Karen

7,020 Posts
we can do this !

sunger aka Steve, DHG 1005 has put together lot of events and it will not work out for everyone ... you need to set it up, put it out their and let the 'pocker chips' fall as they may.

pocker run need lots of support !

I here if I can help ... PM me ! in San Diego

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
SBBullitt said:
JUST A IDEA ?

If you do a poker run through So.Cal and end up on the coast in Santa Barbara
I will put on the BBQ at the end for everyone ?

I would be all for a straight run from So Cal to Santa Barbara. The BBQ is good!!
Maybe a few stopping points along the way to pick up more Bullitts.. Start San Deigo, stop Orange county, stop in L.A- Ventura, then on up to BBQ

Poker runs due require a lot of people.

DCLmustang
Casey

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Santa Barbara is longer than I was planning. I want to keep it in the Orange County area, because I can get a lot of volunteers, etc. locally.
I am a school teacher in Tustin, and I expect I can get a number of people and participants from school alone. When good members such as you self and others on IMBOC get the word (and flyers) to different car shows and popular hang outs, I am thinking over a hundred paid runners. Fifty percent to prizes, and 50% to a trustworthy charity.
I would really like to have a Bullitt at every check-in spot, and there have been a number of people respond to this thought, so if they will firmly commit, that looks good.
I can get some businesses to chip in a prize, but more would be better.
I will be out of town next week on a field trip, but I will start designing a flyer, looking for a date, and places willing to have us set up a stopping point.
I will also see if I can find a lawyer to give me some ideas about liability. That could be a big thing.
I will be in touch. :dhg08:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.