Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after last nights cruise a bunch of us headed over to a buddies house. What started out to adjust my hood pins and a few beers turned into more. I decided my Intake Plenum needed a slight new polished look. So here are a few pics.

The before:

Jim looking for the hood nut he dropped

Him finding the bolt

Plenum off and tapped up

Time to Demel

A bit of Sanding 60/150/320

Clear Coated

Reassembling everything

And final shot from this morning

Something I've wanted to do for a while now that looks nice.​

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Looks great!!!! I am afraid to try it myself.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Soo you don't need to replace the gaskets on the upper plenum and TB after removing them? I want to clean mine up some but I don't want to order gaskets right now.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Looks real good! I was thinking you were beered up:drunk: and went after the entire intake assembley to polish!:surprised And thinking oh boy, this could turn out to be a real train wreck! Thankfully not,:p and like I said it looks real good!:cool:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Not bad. Looks pretty good. I would have went much finer than 320 though. When I polished my intake on my 5.0, I went from 80 up to 1500! Then went over the whole thing with Autosol several times. Looked almost like chrome.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Dang Harold. Looks good. I had an idea to do that but to paint the entire plenum black first than polish up the lines.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Looks really good!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good feed back.

The gaskets where in excellent shape to reuse. And 320 was the highest we had laying around and didn't look too bad. 2am in the morning drinking wouldn't been a good idea to make a trip to Walmart.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Looks good. I nearly did mine this past weekend but held off as I want the whole thing either
custom painted or ceramic coated to match my Team Breed valve covers.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Can't you do it while its still on the car? I know it would be a little more messy, but you could just cover eveything up.

Oh and Harold, take some embry cloth and do the intake tube, itll look a hundred times better.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mr.BULLITT said:
Can't you do it while its still on the car? I know it would be a little more messy, but you could just cover eveything up.

Oh and Harold, take some embry cloth and do the intake tube, itll look a hundred times better.
You could do it while its still on the car. Your arms might hurt after all the reaching you'll have to do.

And I'll look into the embry cloth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts