Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Required in CA. Was already on when I purchased the car, so there are two holes there now, otherwise it would be off. I was thinking about replacing it with a mustang (picture of a pony like the grill) emblem plate, eventhough it is illegal in CA.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Luckily I'm with Hank. Not required in AZ (though I don't think it would look especially ugly on this car...Besides the 1968 Bullitt had a front plate!).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Required in CA, but I've never put one on a car I've owned and never been stopped for it. However, I did get a ticket while parked from a meter maid in San Francisco for the missing plate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Required in Washington state. Have HOSSPWR plate installed on the front.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Required here in British Columbia but not Alberta. Go figure, some things just don't make sense do they.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In South Carolina, one of the few good things,they do not require front plates.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No front plate on mine here in CA.

However, I've yet to receive my plates from the DMV.

Also, the dealer put a dealer ad where the front plate went. Well, that go pulled off when I got the car home from the dealer. This, unfortunately, left two ugly holes in my front bumper. So, I bot two 1/4" plastic plugs from the local hardware store, pushed them in, then painted them with the touch-up paint. Hardly detectable!

I've got personalized plates on order from the DMV.

Have Fun,
Randy R...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Required here in Maryland. It will be under the front seat when I find a tag I like.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Required in VA, as mentioned, so mine's on, being as my Bullitt is also my daily driver. Considering how some of the cops are in my area, I'd rather not take the risk. Most of them are pretty cool, but a couple will pull you for anything they can.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
There's a front plate required in Illinois and I have mine in the front of my car.. It's just under the passenger side floormat where it's safe from vandals and thieves. :smile:
So when I get pulled ove for no front plate I can reply.. "Why yes.. yes I do have one officer. I'm just waiting to get the licence plate bolts from Ford."

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was going to put one on since they're required in Il. but my dealer talk me out of it. Boy am I glad they did. They told me to do what your doing Blachwing

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I put a tag on the front of my car due to a post on this club mentioning the availability
of personalized tags. I had one made and put it on. It looks great but it must be taken apart and cleaned often because it collects water under the plastic construction. If you want to see it go to www.teddykatz.com

·
Registered
835 Posts
Required in Texas and on the car. I drive one toll road where the county mounties are overachievers.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Required in Ohio. Plate holder is Chrome with 2 Ford logos on either side at the bottom. I think it looks great, although I wish I didn't have to display a front.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts