Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats it, let me have um

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-11-28 13:56 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
#1 It's different.

I like the fact that the car is different. Not a GT, not a Cobra. Probably would not have considered it if I couldn't get the deal I was looking for. I found a dealer locally in May that agreed to do X Plan and by June delivery it had a $1500 rebate. It's hard to turn down a car that stickers for $27,380 at a price $23,622.

·
Registered
509 Posts
1. Have had Mustangs since 1968 (390/GT Highland Green.
2. Was about ready to order a '01 Cobra in January '01 and found out the Bullitt was coming out.
3. Nostalgia and I'm glad I bought it!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
the total package (not lex luger..) handling, performance, equipment, color, braking, looks,interior and did I say COLOR?
replaces in my heart my 70boss 302 thatI had since new that I had to sell when divorced in 1988.. finally a production mustang came thru that was up to that ...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The fact that it's styling cues, sound, and feel harken back to the era of the 390 GT. I wanted a '68 or '69 in the worst way, but the fact that it had to be my daily driver lessened those intentions somewhat. The zero financing combined with X plan pricing had me dead set on an '01 GT, but (luckily) no 5 speed coupes were to be found. But there were leftover Bullitts. I had no clue at first that the Bullitt was anything more than styling cues. When I found out the details, it was if Ford built the car for me (especially the wing deletion!).

Personally, I think it's the total melding of a classic muscle car to '01 technology. I kind of think that's what Ford had in mind and what makes comparisons to Cobras so silly, IMO.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had my mind set on a Camaro SS. I had been looking for about six months before that trying to make up my mind. We were at a new car show in town and they had the Bulitt there. I didn't even see it until my wife spoted it and said there is your new car. I was not looking for a mustang at all. Its all her fault. The rest is history.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I almost had a 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, guards red with black interior. She was a beauty. I was just cruisin around the auto mall one day, saw this beautiful and different mustang sittin out there. Took her for a test drive, and I was hooked (literally, :lol:). I was never really a fan of american muscle; the German and Italian cars were my bag. They still are, but the Bullitt has put a special notch in me for american muscle. I bought it because I LOVED the exhaust note, it was new, didn't have to risk with expensive Porsche maintenance on an '89, and because it was exclusive!! :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool keep them coming. Oh and i like the dark highland green, even though i hate most green car. The electric green is fugly

·
Registered
724 Posts
99svt what is this, I think you're trying to be sneaky. Because it wasn't a Cobra - just kidding - it is baaaaadddd azzzzzzzzzzz that's why and not every one will have one or even like them.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Really like the mean look of the T/A with Ram Air, but can't get past the horrorible memories of the rattle traps the GM products become after years of normal wear and tear. Have always had great luck, knocking on wood now, with all my FOMOCO products. My dream car is a 69/70 BOSS 429, since I can't afford that the Bullitt is next in line. Just love the exhaust note.......

·
Registered
166 Posts
Always been a Mustang fanatic. I loved the total package. WixBullitt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Love at first sight after seeing the original set of spy photos. A very clean "sleeper" looking Stang. I have always owned at least one. This is one of the nicest looking and driving cars I have ever owned! It not only looks like a Mustang, it runs like one and was priced right! :-B

·
Registered
46 Posts
NO 1 reason. The sound.

65 Mustang GT coupe
99 Lincoln continental
87 ford conversion van
89 E-250

·
Registered
878 Posts
My brother in law has a 96 Dodge Indy Ram and I was waiting for Chrysler to make some other limited edition vehicle. Well then one day I spy the Bullitt concept in Motor Trend and I get thinking that Chrysler will never build another RWD pony car and maybe this Mustang is what I've been waiting for. As soon as I found out it would be built I knew that I would have one. First time I ever drove a Mustang was when I drove 3980 off the dealer's lot. And I smoked that 96 Ram in a stoplight race.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The number one reason, clean, understated lines [i.e. different] that sweet sixties muscle car sound and the fact that chances are good you won't see your self coming and going on almost every road in town!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The nifty cupholders.

Seriously though.....It's hands down the best looking Mustang built in recent history, and may be the best looking car on the road today...With the performance to match!!!! Exclusivity and heritage came in second and third.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Had a black '68 coupe in 1980, took it down to the bone and built it back up (even found the build sheet under the carpeting!). Like a dumb a** I sold it to build a '67 Fairlane with a 390. I've missed that '68 for 20 years and once I saw the Bullitt...well, you know the rest!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts