Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill's and my insurance told us that if we don't get any tickets for 10 more months (that will make it 10 years with the company with a clean record) our rates cannot go up because of a ticket and they cannot drop us for any reason! Now, is that going to be possible beings in 8 out of those 10 months we will be driving the Bullitt and the 00 R. I caught hubby going 50 yesterday in a 35 in the 1ton duelie for God's sake! How will he ever make in in the R! I really don't think I'll have a problem (I haven't had a speeding ticket since 84). But then, how do you not take off at a light when someone eggs you on? Hummmmmm Just look to see if there are any coppers around first?......

Vicki

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I think the reason I don't get speeding tickets is because I am so observant. I am constantly looking at everyone around me.
I'm not actually looking for cops...I'm actually looking for the idiots on the road.
Unfortunately, I've found a BUNCH!!!
But that whole Defensive driving thing works really well for me.

I think you can do it.
I drive 50 in a 35 all the time, but usually I'm still driving slower than someone else.
There was a post about this before...don't be the lead car. Find someone who's going just a little faster than you want to drive and get behind him!

· Registered
693 Posts
Most insurance agents are bunch of crook no matter how care full you are
They always raise your premium
Last year they raise our premium on our 99GT
My wife and I been driving more than 25years without any claim
The premium went from $1100CDN to $1320cdn a year
Listen to this; I purchase a Bullitt last weeks and my premium I going
down to $1030 a year!! Go figure!

Cobra R Wheel
"C" stripe
#2385 IS MINE!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99gt on 2002-02-08 13:29 ]</font>

· Registered
4,591 Posts
I just got the call from State Farm, the freaking moroon that rear ended my parked F150 in front of my house 2 years ago and didn't have insurance or licence. (He was going so fast he knocked my parked 4900lb truck 20ft.) Has a check for me for my uninsured deductable. $200.00
Thank you State farm for chasing this family of losers and getting my money back!

· Registered
1,593 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-08 13:29, 99gt wrote:
The premium went from $1100CDN to $1320cdn a year
Listen to this; I purchase a Bullitt last weeks and my premium I going
down to $1030 a year!! Go figure!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

$1300 cdn. what the hell are you bitching about? I'm giddy b/c mine dropped to just under 1300USD! And I have a perfect driving record.

· Registered
595 Posts
Personally, I'd drive normally. What fun would the Stangs be if you're always looking over your shoulder for the cops? If you've gone this long without a ticket, I wouldn't sweat it.

· Registered
2,024 Posts
I know it is hard to do when you own two awesome machines. A speeding ticket is bad enough, but the INCREASE in your insurance premium creates the problem. I have gotten a few tickets, but most of them were warnings, except for a couple which I hired an attorney and won. :smile: Just keep your fingers and toes crossed every time you drive. :wink:

· Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-11 11:09, Bullitt4995 wrote:
I have gotten a few tickets, but most of them were warnings, except for a couple which I hired an attorney and won. :smile: Just keep your fingers and toes crossed every time you drive. :wink:

You hired an attorney for a traffic ticket? How did that work?

· Registered
164 Posts
On 2002-02-11 11:56, RobertC wrote:
On 2002-02-11 11:09, Bullitt4995 wrote:
I have gotten a few tickets, but most of them were warnings, except for a couple which I hired an attorney and won. :smile: Just keep your fingers and toes crossed every time you drive. :wink:

You hired an attorney for a traffic ticket? How did that work?

I do the same thing. It costs anywhere from $300 to $500, but its cheaper in the long run. I'd rather pay my lawyer than the insurance company! :lol:

One comment on the rates, in WA State by law insurance companies cannot raise your rates after the first offense. When you get your 2nd ticket, they'll screw you double. :sad:

· Registered
2,681 Posts
you think thats bad you want to know how much a 21 year old male with 2 ticketss on his secord pays. try 298.68 a month, that comes out to be 3,583.80 try paying that. Good thing is my record will will be clean next month and i get re-rated in may. and right now sense the bullitt is in storage it is only 35 a month. anyone have any sugestions?

· BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow Bro! That is a friggin lot to pay! Try to be careful till your tickets drop off... beamstang, I guess I could try the blocks of wood. That could work, hummmm..:smile: treva, that is what hubby does when we are on a trip. He finds the "rabbit" as he calls it. llama_boy, we could put the R on another insurance but if we got a ticket, State Farm would find out through our drivers license anyway. :sad: BullittMike, thanks for the heads up in Wa rate hikes.
Thanks for the encouragement, rancorkeeper! bullittbill, Ya, hubby's instincts would be to outrun the cops (as he did in his younger and daring days) but as you said, we are the only 2000 R owners in town (well, there's 1 more R owner but he stores his) and I am sure it would not take them long to find him! DMV would fix that!
BullittBro1, my premium for the Bullitt is only $28.95 a month. I cannot fathum paying $300.00 a month! Jeesh!

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang Vicky,

I don't want to tell you how long it has been for me, cause then I will get pulled over tomorrow<G>. BTW, a CHP (California Highway Patrole) followed me on 101 today. Good thing I was stuck in comute traffic<G>.

Good luck.

Bud

PS If you want, I can keep the R here in Sunny Norhtern California while you get past that 10 months<G>.

· BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL Bud! :lol: Ya, a few weeks ago I was bragging how I had not had a cold for about 3 years and the very next week I get a cold! I always am thinking of an excuse to tell an officer when and if I get pulled over for speeding. I thought I would say that the car has been in storage for awhile and I was "blowing her out". That should work, right? There's a Sargent that belongs to my Mustang Club here and I could say that I know him too, right? One time I was going 45 in a 35 and an officer pulled me over and asked me if the speedometer worked. I said "yes" and that my head was in my a** and that it was late and I was just getting off work and wanted to get home to hubby. He just gave me a warning and told me to slow down. Nice guy, huh!! :grin:

· Registered
7,944 Posts
But Vicky... What about the idea of me watching the R for you<VBSEG>.

I hear ya. The very first time I ever got pulled over was in my parents Mavrick. My best friend from Eureka was visiting me in Healdsburg and we had not seen each other in a few months. My parents told me to pick up my little brother from the theator. As we were getting on the Freeway, I started (Stupid kid) taping my foot to the music<G>. Wouldn't you know it, there was a CHP in that saw my speed changing. He pulled me over and scared the $%^w2 out of me<G>. When he asked me what I was doing, I told him the truth. He laughed and then let me go<G>.

You just NEVER know what will work. Sometimes even the truth. You know what they say. Truth can be stranger then fiction<G>.

I'm going out to the garage to make rooom for the R, just in case<G>.

Take care.

Bud

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.