Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several of you already have the Porter Cable 7424 it has been brought up before, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems using it, or if its caused any problems in the finish of the paint. Coastal Tools has them for $115.00, with the counterweight and the velcro backing plate so you can change pads. Just wanted to know if it was a good investment and if you would recomend it. Guess I'm getting to old to keep up with this black paint by hand, especially in AZ.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
BaknBlk said:
I know several of you already have the Porter Cable 7424 it has been brought up before, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems using it, or if its caused any problems in the finish of the paint. Coastal Tools has them for $115.00, with the counterweight and the velcro backing plate so you can change pads. Just wanted to know if it was a good investment and if you would recomend it. Guess I'm getting to old to keep up with this black paint by hand, especially in AZ.

Thanks for the help.
The PC7424 is a fine machine, but it only comes with a one year warranty. Why not go with the Meguiar's G100 which is IDENTICAL to the 7424 and is actually made by Porter Cable? It comes with a lifetime warranty. Plus, you can get some smoking deals on it from AUto Detailing Solutions. I just purchased the second kit on THIS PAGE for what I consider a very good deal. The kit comes with:
  • 1 Meguiar's G100 Polisher (Lifetime Warranty)
  • 1 Backing Plate.
  • 2 W8006 Foam Polishing Pad
  • 1 W9006 Foam Finishing Pad
  • 2 Ultimate DA Microfiber Bonnets
  • 1 Meguiar's Clay Bar (Small)
  • 1 M8032 Speed Glaze 32 oz.
  • 1 G12718 NXT Tech Wax 18 oz. (Comes with 1 Applicator Pad)
  • 1 G13224 NXT Speed Detailer 24 oz.
  • 3 16 x 16 Microfiber Towels
  • 1 Duffel Bag
The M80 is a simply amazing product and removes most, if not all, light imperfections in the paint. If you try to purchase separately everything included in this kit, you are looking at well over $300. The entire kit above is $219.95 plus shipping. Everything was less than $240 to my door. Customer service at ADS is top notch and, if you purchase the G100, great customer support from Meguiar's is only a quick phone call away.

No matter what you decide to go with, be sure to check out sites like Autopia CarCare, AutoGeek, and my personal favorite Meguiar's Online.

Here are a couple of GREAT links to get you started on your way to paint perfection.
Using the G100 to remove swirls
Recommended speeds and pads for use with the G100 and Meg's products

I know that I sound like a Meguiar's representative, but I simply believe and trust in their products this much. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :cool:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have the 7424 and like it but sounds like 4fit has some very good advice.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input, I did not know there was one from Meguiars out there and you can't beat the lifetime warranty. Not to mention its made by Porter Cable to begin with. Thank you for all the info, much appreciated !!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I use the Meguiars Porter Cable on 227 and LOVE it! But I hate there pads. I use Griot's. They are much better pads and do a GREAT job. I also painted custom show cars for years so, I'm very picky! I also use my buffer for the serious scratches ;-)...

http://www. griotsgarage.com

Good luck and Happy Detailing!

Bud and Black Bullitt 227

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
BudACAD said:
I use the Meguiars Porter Cable on 227 and LOVE it! But I hate there pads. I use Griot's. They are much better pads and do a GREAT job. I also painted custom show cars for years so, I'm very picky! I also use my buffer for the serious scratches ;-)...

http://www.griotsgarage.com

Good luck and Happy Detailing!

Bud and Black Bullitt 227
Bud, you are the first person I have ever heard that didn't like the Meg's pads. I mostly hear that about the Lake Country pads. Guess it's all a matter of personal preference.

I posted this pic up for John R a few days ago. It is of a Mustang's hood that was used as a demo at one of Meguiar's detailing days. Amaxing what can be done with the right technique, chemicals, and tools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts