Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since about a year ago me and my dad would be driving around town usually in my dads Mach 1 we would see this white 2002 mustang...we could never identify truely what it was. He thought he was hot **** though, he took of the standard emblems and threw on some Cobra emblems on the grill and bumper etc..Even had the Super Charged emblem and a crap load of mustang parts from various special edition stangs. Whenever we rolled by he would always rev his engine and all and look at us and laugh with his friends etc. We loved seeing him it made our day the poser kid was ridiculous. Well a few months ago the car wasnt showing up anymore. We had heard from our local ford dealership (Rick Hunt) that he test drove a yellow mach 1 and all but never came back. Meanwhile while i was in school in my English class this was this girl proclaoming her boyfriend had this badass mustang that was fast as ****. She showed me pictures on her cell (poor quality) and i recognized the ram air from a mach 1 and asked her the year. She said it was newer and it had a 40th anniversary badge on it. i knew then and there (Mach 1) i told her it was a mach 1 and she argued against me. It finally dropped for a few months and just yesterday she was talking about it again. She said it was an '06. I said impossible but she said it was a GT. I was very curious by now as to what the hell the car was. We agreed to meet at Sheetz gas station after school and i would follow her to her boyfriends work and see the forsaken car. Sure as hell it was an '06 GT with Black Racing Stripes and right as i thoght the Mach 1 ram air.. The guy came out we talked for awhile compared cars etc. He told me he had an '02 white mustang before this one. Then it all hit me. So i said "Are you that poser kid that drove around on that Mustang that had the cobra emblems on it etc.." He said yeah..i laughed i couldnt help it i finally meet the guy and he now has a wannabe Mach 1 GT...... He finished up and we plan on cruising together sometime maybe who knows. But it was so funny when i old my dad i met the guy and now he had a wannabe Mach 1.

Don't know about you guys but this is funny to me. I hate mustangs that are decorated to look like something they arent it annoys me. And when they think they are hot **** it makes it even worse.

Please let me hear any views on this and wether you find it as well. I wont take any offense to anyhting you say.

Just as a bio to better understand im 17 in highschool and live in a pretty small town.

·
Registered
967 Posts
ya i don't like people who think they are hot **** either. but everyone has their own tastes whether everyone agrees with it or not. as far as im concerned it doesn't matter to me what people do to their mustangs as long as they dont "rice" it out.

·
3,389 Posts
What's the old saying about living in glass houses??

You have a Mach 1 grill and euro clear lens......which car are you posing as?

:badgrin: :badgrin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a problem with people putting emblems on a car, to misslead other people. Body parts to me is OK to swap. If something from another car looks better than why not switch?
By the way That thread to me, was hard to read. Put in some spaces.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I believe there is a Bullitt with the Shaker.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
chris1984 said:
By the way That thread to me, was hard to read. Put in some spaces.
I've been wanting to comment on a lot of threads with: no spaces, incorrect (or non-use of) punctuation, capitalization, etc... but I've kept my mouth shut...till now. :lol: Like texting. OMG! LOL! Argggh!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Gee, I guess I am a poser! Bought the 05 before I ever saw one! Knew I was going to put the GT350 on the side (after upgrades I am close to that HP) and blue stripes! I always loved the old Shelby GT350's well here we are 2 and a half years later and there are white shelby's with blue stripes being sold by dealerships! Oh well I love my car!

·
Registered
423 Posts
That stuff doesn't bother me anymore. In high school I had a 1993 blk Cobra stock except for exhaust. My friend had a 90 hatchback and had Cobra emblems on the side. I always told him it was a Fobra. It bothered me then but I realized that he just like my car and wanted a Cobra. I eased up and now I don't even car. People are gonna put whatever they want on their car to make it their own. The guy you finally met with the 06 GT probably wanted a Mach 1 and back earlier probably wanted a Cobra but couldn't afford it. I honestly like the snake as an emblem. I think it looks good. Don't get flustered.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm gonna comment on two elements...

First... I don't like the GT badges on the side. It's part of the reason that I believe the "Bullitt Package" was nothing more than a "look at me Mustang". One of the first things I did was swap them. I LOVE the Mach I. But they didn't make a True Blue Mach I, and I don't want to paint one True Blue. This is the car I wanted, now I'm just putting my finishing touches on it. Right now, it's a 6 year old Mustang. But it's mine.

Second. I have a friend that bought the first 05 GT Mustang in Charleston. He has a long Ford addiction, and a nice wallet to help him. A few months before he bought a 69 302 Coupe. His love has been the Boss of the 69/70's. So... After spending a couple months humpin sand for the USAF, he started the conversion on his 05. CDC Shaker, Chin Spoiler... Window Louvers... Painted the rear spoiler semi gloss... 18" Mach I repli-wheels. His next piece is to stripe it. Under the hood? Stock, minus the filter silencer. Suspension? Stock. His is all about the look. And, it IS a looker.

As far as posin' is concerned... I'm sure at one time or another we've all done it.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Gee, I guess I am a poser! Bought the 05 before I ever saw one! Knew I was going to put the GT350 on the side (after upgrades I am close to that HP) and blue stripes! I always loved the old Shelby GT350's well here we are 2 and a half years later and there are white shelby's with blue stripes being sold by dealerships! Oh well I love my car!
Nice looking poser! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Back in the day of the original Cobra engines, I too loved the Cobra emblem. I had a 67 Ford Custom 500. More of a cop car wannabe, it was white and had the dog dish hubcaps. I put stripes on it like the Cobra powered Torino and the emblem on the trunk lid. Installed some dual exhaust dumps out the back like a Torino Cobra and that was about it. I had run out of money. So that is the way it stayed till we parted...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TOYS-R-ME! said:
What's the old saying about living in glass houses??

You have a Mach 1 grill and euro clear lens......which car are you posing as?

:badgrin: :badgrin:
Ok true very true you got me. I do have the Mach 1 Grill and the Euro Clear lens. I personally did not put the Mach 1 Grill on it. I wont lie i like the look. The lens however were the only ones in stock at blue oval when i went there and i was like ok whatever. Like the saying goes pick your battles. It's not so much the little things as it is the main things. Like the shaker that is unique to the Mach 1. Sure an emblem is an emblem but hey it aint a cobra. Just the thing that frustrates me the most is just how cocky the guy was about it all. Also as i said it was funny to me, just when i met the guy...

And later someone posted about grammer and punctuation, i was in class as i typed this lol. That and i am lazy.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi my name is Dave ....I am a Poser.........

I have a V6 coupe, Cobra motor, Mach 1 shaker, Mach 1 chin, Mach 1 grill, Bullitt side scoops, Bullitt brakes, Mach 1 interior...........

AND DONT CLAIM IT TO BE A DARN THING BUT 1 NICE LOOKIN MUSTANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all in the attitude.......

·
3,389 Posts
DaHos said:

I have a V6 coupe, Cobra motor, Mach 1 shaker, Mach 1 chin, Mach 1 grill, Bullitt side scoops, Bullitt brakes, Mach 1 interior...........

GYPSY!!!!! :badgrin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DaHos said:

See thats exactly it it is all in teh attitude, the guy was cocky about it etc...

By the way Dave how much did it cost to do all that and did you do it your self?

·
Registered
163 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Hey Jeff, how's the new TB treating you guys?

Myst
(the other Jeff in VB with a TB Bullitt)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts