Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this email anonymously from someone who wants to help out (and who is not a member of BullittClub.com).

"I seen your post on the Bullitt board about the transmission bolts being loose. I'm a Ford Tech and just to let you know Ford has released a special service message for us to check them if you complain about driveline noise. Also there is a technical service bulletin for the clutch vibration. All the ones I have done I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and the flywheel. The TSB does not say to replace the flywheel but I always check the runout and find they are out of spec. If they do replace the flywheel make sure they replace it with the one for the Bullit. It is different than the GT flywheel. I hope this info helps and please post it on the board since I'm not a member."

I am posting this in good faith, hoping that it helps make the Bullitt ownership experience even better for those who might have a problem waiting to happen.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
that is so incredible that he really cares about our Bullitts like that!!!!
please tell him thanks VERY much!!!
thanks to you too Mike

when the parts my dealer ordered come in, i will show him this and ask to have the service bullitens checked!!!
( i haven't had any clutch or drivetrain vibrations!!)

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-11 23:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
So far, my car has been, pardon the pun, bullet proof. It has been hammerd through an autocross which certainly should have exposed any problems. The clutch is good so far. It was very kind and admirable that Mike posted this information. Thank you VERY much.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts