Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my PCV valve. Mine is the one with the heater on it. Basically there is a loop around the PCV valve that anti-freeze runs through. Well I went to change the PCV valve without really thinking. I pulled the PCV valve from the valve cover. This left a small hole the size of the PCV valve, open on the valve cover. I then removed the hose clamps and pulled off one of the hoses. It was filled with anti-freeze, and hot anti-freeze at that. I let the car sit over an hour, but it was still pretty warm. Most of it went on the garage floor, but I am worried that some, a small bit maybe, went into the valve cover. I checked the oil and did not see any anti-freeze. Could this be bad? Should I do an oil change just to be safe?

Like I said, if any did get in there, it would not have been much.

The car will sit until I see some responses. Needless to say I am a bit concerned now.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I honestly wouldn't worry about the probably less-than 1/10 of an ounce you got in it (if any!). If humidity is low where you're at right now - you've probably got less water in it than you spilled in it - there should be a baffle under the hole.

Run the engine until it's good and warm, then change the oil and filter if it makes you feel-better. You probably get more condensation in your oil every time it's cold and rainy than the antifreeze you spilled into the engine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part # for the heated PCV valve is, motorcraft EV-255. I got it from the dealer and paid around $50 bucks for it. I know, I could have got it elsewhere, but I was at the dealer getting my replacement Bullitt ID sticker for my shocker tower and decided to get the PCV valve too. You can find it online for a cheaper price. But note, there are two different PCV valves used on the Bullitt. One is heated, like mine and the other is not. At this point I wish mine was not heated. Then I would not have to worry about the anit-freeze :)

I guess I should not worry too much about the anti-freese and just do an oil change for my peace of mind.
Thanks for the help.
Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.