Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be looking at a 20 Bullitt next couple of days. What would you experienced owners look for? It is a new vehicle, less that 4 miles.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Will be looking at a 20 Bullitt next couple of days. What would you experienced owners look for? It is a new vehicle, less that 4 miles.
I bought a 2020 in August. I wanted the Electronics Package and the Magnetic Ride Control Package. I think these two options are the most popular and will help if you ever decide to sell or trade the car.
The RECARO seat option is for those who will track the car............not as comfortable IMHO as the nice leather heated and cooled seats!
And of course..................it's got to be green!
ARMY TC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a 2020 in August. I wanted the Electronics Package and the Magnetic Ride Control Package. I think these two options are the most popular and will help if you ever decide to sell or trade the car.
The RECARO seat option is for those who will track the car............not as comfortable IMHO as the nice leather heated and cooled seats!
And of course..................it's got to be green!
ARMY TC
T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, this car has both magnetic ride as well as electronic package. It does have Recaros though.

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Being new, hopefully you wouldn't need to do much, however, I suggest taking it for a spin and listen for the engine noise that comes from the high pressure direct injection system. Some call it the "2K rattle" because between part throttle from 200-2800 rpm, a rapid rattling noise can be heard. Some cars don't have this. This became a prominent noise after the 5.0L engine was produced in 2018 with both a port and direct injection fuel systtem. Also, when pressing the clutch pedal down immediately after stopping, you might hear a slight "thud" sound in the drivetrain when shifting into first gear from a stop This has been a characteristic of the 6th generation Mustang since they came out in 2014 as the 2015 model year. It's some sort of driveline slack as I understand it.

Otherwise, your pre-delivery inspection should be just as any new car. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Make shure you and your significant other find the Recaro's very comfortable! The Recaro's are for track use, not as a road tripper. In my specs for BLLT2, the Recaro's were a no go.
The stock seats are Great for road trips, with multi-power adjustments and heat/cool.
Otherwise keep looking for Your Bullitt!

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Make shure you and your significant other find the Recaro's very comfortable! The Recaro's are for track use, not as a road tripper. In my specs for BLLT2, the Recaro's were a no go.
The stock seats are Great for road trips, with multi-power adjustments and heat/cool.
This probably one of the most important decision points for these cars!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Agree on seats! I'm not sure of your location but there's two 2020 BULLITTS in Pittsburgh PA (SHULTS FORD) that have "NO" RECAROS.........
ARMY TC

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Bullitt really punches well above it's weight. We were at the Circuit of the Americas this past weekend to watch the 2020 Vintage Sportscar National Championships. As you can imagine there were some very nice cars in the parking lot: Audi's, Jags, Porsche's, 'Vettes, Ferrari's, etc that cost much, much more. While waiting for the shuttle the conversations quickly turned to one's ride and the Bullitt garnered a lot of respect, interest, and compliments. For what it's worth, I have the Recaro's and find them comfortable as do the wife and kids. It's a very glove like feeling, and longer drives have been comfortable. But it's an individual comfort preference. Good luck on your Bullitt!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Agree 100% on the seats but not for seat confort, worst part is you lose Heated/Cooled seat functionality. At least for '19 that was the case and I don't think that changed for 2020, did it?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Yes, I too miss the heated seats and the electronic adjustments. However, the Racaro seats really hold you nice. If you are a larger gentleman you may find the Racaro seats a bit tight. At least that is what my hubby says.

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
1 Posts
Got mine in June. Definitely GREEN. Also g
did not get the Recaro seats DRIVING it and want the comfort. For a couple of hours a day I'm just a little bit cooler than normal

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Watch out f/ greedy sales people & that good look'n after-sales person (usually a woman) who try to add many things to your sales contract. ;) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts