Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I haven't had time to work on it. Since they discovered I have a degree in graphic design at work, they've kept me pretty busy doing brochures and flyers. That's pretty nice looking.

I'd prefer they made this instead. They could make a "From Dusk To Dawn" version based on what George Clooney drove in the movie. :wink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigBullitt said:
I haven't had time to work on it. Since they discovered I have a degree in graphic design at work, they've kept me pretty busy doing brochures and flyers. That's pretty nice looking.
It's all good BROTHER ... Next time Yung and I hit SA ... we're gonna bring you boys some brew anywayz ... :goodvibe: :clap2: :grin:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEP ... I've seen the white one in concept before. They showed a front and back. Looked REAL GOOD. I have always liked the Cougars and this current body style would've been an excellent retro-platform to bring it back. I guess it just made too much sense ... LOL

(too bad I haven't seen that movie ... YET)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think it's to over the top with all that white and blue threwout the mustang.Maybe it's just me.But i don't feel it.Same goes for the original.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
droopysbullitt said:
That just a photo shop or a really concept?? I had a Sprint coupe. Didn't look very good at the time. WIsh I had it now...
Those are photoshop pics that somebody did on the Mustang Source web site. I sure wish Ford would put it in the concept phase (and eventually in to production ... maybe for 2009 ... the supposed last year of this curent body style ... HINT - HINT - HINT).

I think it looks real good, escpecially with that hood and the color-keyed wheels. They throw some parts together from the Shelby, GT/CS, and who-knows-what-else and they might just have something.

FORD would have to expand their current interior colors though (see the blue dash, steering wheel and other parts ???). Would be a nice car to carry-over that new 2008 BULLITT metal dash if they don't use woodgrain.

If they can't / won't do the BOSS and MACH I SE(s) and they are going to discontinue the GT/CS after 2008 then this might be a good 4.6-based SE for 2009 to replace the GT/CS. Too bad they won't carry the BULLITT for 2 years.

Too bad you got rid of the Sprint coupe. I always liked the SPRINTS ... all of them. You don't see too many of them anymore and they might fetch a good sale price nowadays. If you got any old pics of it and could post them on here they would be nice to see. :D

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Unfortunately my ex-wife got the photos in the divorce... :roll: It wasn't much to look at anyway. Had it in 88-90. Sold it to buy a house with the ex-wife. At the time I couln't find out anything about the car.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
droopysbullitt said:
Unfortunately my ex-wife got the photos in the divorce... :roll: It wasn't much to look at anyway. Had it in 88-90. Sold it to buy a house with the ex-wife. At the time I couln't find out anything about the car.
BUMMER ... Sorry to hear how all that happened.

Got any records of the sale and/or old title papers that may help in tracking it down?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I couldn't get my mind around all the blue at the time they were new. Mustangs, Mavericks...White with lots of blue. Hmmmmm. Not my favorite.

A spring package would be cool...vynl top, premium metallic colors. Just what the retro guys need!

J/K!

Anything but the vynl top! Yuck!

Lets have something creative! A new thing. Not a rehash of old SEs. New ideas... Where are they?????

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CREATIVE SE(s) ... ???

DavidMidgley said:
Lets have something creative! A new thing. Not a rehash of old SEs. New ideas... Where are they?????
DAVE MY BROTHER ... Sorry we have to disagree on this one. I sure do wish they would produce it (maybe they could tone the blue down a bit). :badgrin:

But, if you want a "creative SE" I got a great idea ... :grin:

Take the red 2008 BULLITT they used as a pre-production test car, paint some cards on there in the design of 5 poker/playing cards being held in the hand.

Paint a Royal Flush on one side fender/quarter, Wild Bill's "dead man's hand" on the other side fender/quarter. Give it either the hood on the Sprint concept (below) or the hood most everybody wanted on the 2008.

Equip it with at least the same goodies as the 2008 BULLITT (I of course, will want a 5.4 engine) and call it either the "TOMBSTONE (or) O.K. CORRAL BULLITT" or the "DEADWOOD STALLION".

THERE NOW ... How's that being creative ... (???) :clap:

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
DAVE MY BROTHER ... Sorry we have to disagree on this one. I sure do wish they would produce it (maybe they could tone the blue down a bit). :badgrin:

But, if you want a "creative SE" I got a great idea ... :grin:

Take the red 2008 BULLITT they used as a pre-production test car, paint some cards on there in the design of 5 poker/playing cards being held in the hand.

Paint a Royal Flush on one side fender/quarter, Wild Bill's "dead man's hand" on the other side fender/quarter. Give it either the hood on the Sprint concept (below) or the hood most everybody wanted on the 2008.

Equip it with at least the same goodies as the 2008 BULLITT (I of course, will want a 5.4 engine) and call it either the "TOMBSTONE (or) O.K. CORRAL BULLITT" or the "DEADWOOD STALLION".

THERE NOW ... How's that being creative ... (???) :clap:
I give you an A for effort:cool: , and a B for creativity:wink: . That's better than what I would give anyone else in the auto business this year!:neutral: I don't think anyone would get the card trick though:rolleyes: . Heck, how many people actually play cards anymore? Let alone know who Wild Bill was...:frown:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DavidMidgley said:
What do you think of the latest rendition of the "James Bond MACH I" that was put out this past year? I thought it looked pretty cool but they have to do a MACH I first.

I think an "original idea" would be a "CANNONBALL" Mustang commemorating the movie in the 70(s)? Lots of potential there if the right shop in Ford got a hold of it ... (???)

Either way ... I dont think anyone has submitted that idea yet. :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
James Bond Mach 1. Not so much.

"CANNONBALL" ! Now that's funny! But I wouldn't call it the Cannonball. Brock Yates owns that name and rightfully so. Besides, he's a Challenger hugging liberal! :lol: Maybe call it the Dom Dela? (something I can not spell). It would laugh as it went down the road!

I have rethought your idea above. White and blue do work, even with the red pinstripes. Totally retro. But your right, get a better blue. Oxford White with Royal Blue Metallic work very well together. They could use allot of the Bullitt parts/features on the new SE as well. Well not all of the features, but some to pick it up. And add a few specific to the SE. Throw in an autobox, six speed this time, and Ecoboost V-6...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO DAVE ... NEVER an Eco-boost V-6.

NO 6-bangers ... DAAANG !!! (LMAO)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO DAVE ... NEVER an Eco-boost V-6.

NO 6-bangers ... DAAANG !!! (LMAO)
I have to agree on this. Maybe when we're dead and buried...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DavidMidgley said:
James Bond Mach 1. Not so much.

"CANNONBALL" ! Now that's funny! But I wouldn't call it the Cannonball. Brock Yates owns that name and rightfully so. Besides, he's a Challenger hugging liberal! :lol: Maybe call it the Dom Dela? (something I can not spell). It would laugh as it went down the road!

I have rethought your idea above. White and blue do work, even with the red pinstripes. Totally retro. But your right, get a better blue. Oxford White with Royal Blue Metallic work very well together. They could use allot of the Bullitt parts/features on the new SE as well. Well not all of the features, but some to pick it up. And add a few specific to the SE. Throw in an autobox, six speed this time, and Ecoboost V-6...
LOL ... Actually Dave ... I didn't say use another blue, I said reduce the amount of blue. I like that blue color.

However ... Since you wanted something original for a new SE ... Well maybe here it is:

I recently purchased the 2007 Shelby Annual. Pages #142 - #149 is an artricle on the "Terlingua Race Team" and the Mustang coupes they painted yellow and black and used for that race team.

Under the paragraph heading; "A BRAND NEW CAR" (pg. #147) through the end of page #149 they (Shelby American & Ford) state they are going to build a "Terlingua Mustang" edition that will be powered by "a supercharged 4.6 engine ... with enough horsepower to scare you".

NOTE: UNFORTUNATELY ... I WON'T BE BUYING ONE OF THESE NEITHER (NO 5.4 engine - NO NEW CAR PURCHASE ... ROFLMAO). :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Anyway ... (quoting direct from the article)

These Mustangs "will be decked out to look much like the 67 Trans-Am car ... You'll have your choice of Gawdawful Yellow with black stripes of black with gawdawful yellow stripes".

Also ... the article states; "these cars will go directly from the FORD assembly plant to Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas".

WHAAAAAAAAAT ... DAAAAAAAAAANG ... No wonder they are only going to have 4.6 engines ... :confused: :confused: :confused: ... I wouldn't expect Ford could build a few less 5.4 Lincoln trucks ... (???).

And ... (last but not least) ... the last paragraph ends with; "In other words, if you're looking for a vehicle that captures the irreverent lifestyle of what's been called the "Shelby Rat Pack", get ready to grab your checkbook". :frown: :frown: :frown:

Now there ... Aint we happy to hear of another $30-K (+) Mustang that FORD screws up AGAIN by only building with a 4.6 engine ... That 2001 looks BETTER ALL THE TIME ~ !!! (ROFLMAO) :lol:

Sounds like a SPRINT offered at the current GT/CS prices would be cool ... (because you know what size engine they are more than likely to have).

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Ummmm.....let me see.

4.6L 3 valver.....DOH!

No matter. A supercharged 4.6L without forged internals is able to pump about as much hp as the supercharged 5.4L without forged internals...eh? So why not go light at the scales?

BTW, Royal Blue metallic is the same color as the sprint option cars, just has the little metal bits. And Oxford white is a shade brighter white than the sprint option. I am actually wondering, if these cars weren't called the Spirit option. It was in keeping with the Bicentenial Celebration. As in Spirit of 76... I think we have been mislabling these SE cars.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 72 SPRINT was produced to honor the 72 Olympics (hence the OLYMPIC stricker that came on them) according to FORD. The bicentennial was 4 years away. I'd still rather have the flat blue.

Trying to get FORD to do the white interior with accents would probably be like pulling teeth, especially since they wouldn't even change the 2008 BULLITT seats to vertical pleats (with the retro body style this don't make much sense).

I wouldn't supercharge anything without forged internals which is one of the reasons I'm down on the garden-variety 4.6 engine. FORD offers power packs for them but without the right bottom end it's a waste of money because the base enigne isn't going to last that long.

I'd still rather have the 5.4 N/A or blown as opposed to the 4.6, and obviously so would Shelby since he got it put in the GT 500 (and probably had a hand in making sure it wasn't put in anything else). They got the GT 500 going down the assembly line with the 5.4, so it wouldn't take all that much to put the same engine in any other Mustang.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts