Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas present for owner of 3808 ... sanctioned by 3808 Wife Unit. Waiting on paperwork, titles, etc. More pics and story to follow.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Outstanding!!!!! Is a barn find? can't wait on the details!!!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First two pics were when I first saw it in previous owners garage ... the ones below were taken in his garage as well.

Details about car: Factory highland green, 390cid, auto, black interior, fold down rear seat, disc brakes

Story surrounding the car: My Mopar buddy had first line on the car - has had it for years - unfortunately when it came up for sale he had just purchased a 440 Roadrunner and was short on cash. He called me. I contacted the previous owner and went to look at it - with camera in hand and a decoder in the pocket. Guy was interested in selling, but we spent way too much time playing phone tag! He finally called and got me on December 23rd about 7:30 at night. I grabbed the keys to the truck, kissed the wife, took the money and ran. Called a buddy with a rollback, and another to help load the extra parts and brought it all home that night.

I'll post more pics with it in the garage - mine - soon.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Great find, how much?

·
Administrator
6,226 Posts
Lucky dog! Let me know when I might get a chance to see it in person!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the enthusiasm and encouragement.

54deuce - underside is clean and solid for a 40 year old Ohio car. Will post pics later.

Tony - you'll have to wait until better weather as it is stabled for now or if you are in the area hit my cell and see if I'm home.

Richard

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Greg, With it being the right color and motor from the factory, the chances are high it will be a Bullitt replica. I'm still going to wait for the Marti Report and any other information or history I can find out before making any major decisions. Right now I'm just cleaning and trying to find out what I can.

Richard

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Congrats on the car!!!!!!!!!!Sometimes the planets and stars line up just right......Also it doesn't hurt to be at the right place (with cash) at the right time.....ENJOY and let the rebuliding begin....................

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great save on that old girl Richard, VEEERRRRRRY COOL! Hope you have as much fun with it as I did mine. If I can help in any way shoot me a line, I'll try and check in more often now that my work schedule is back to semi-sane.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts