Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never tried this and really wanted to stay away from it until I can install a Tri-Ax or 5.0.

Is there anything I should know before trying this out? I plan to go to the track again on the 26th and want to try it to see if I can't get my MPH up over 100 while runnig in the 13's.

Thanks guys.

1,169 Posts
Don't power shift,it will hurt your trans.A different shifter won't save your trans from power shifting.Just shift real fast! Good Luck!!

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG (Best ET to date 13.75 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-10-19 21:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-27 20:22, bullitt890 wrote:
what do you mean by powershifting?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Slamming the gears without letting off the gas.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well let me give you some advice on powershifting. If your at the track and looking for low e.t.s. Then yes power shift. Lets face it all of our cars come with warranties so if it breaks Ford will fix it. I have had my Bullitt for 4 months it has just turned 3000 miles, its been down the 1/4 mile between 75-100 times. I power shift most of the time that I run it in the 1/4 mile and the car feels tighter then well you know. When its not going down the 1/4 mile I drive the car like a old lady. So go out and have fun and power shift that bad boy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NOMAD#5506 on 2002-01-31 18:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep it to the floor and bang all four!!.... Uh Oh Yeah, thats right, these things have 5 speeds. Thinking of the 'Ol Superbee again...

·
Registered
311 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-31 18:19, pistolgrip wrote:

Keep it to the floor and bang all four!!.... Uh Oh Yeah, thats right, these things have 5 speeds. Thinking of the 'Ol Superbee again...

Ya man thats what I'm talking about bang em.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with NOMAD. I've been power shifting my 1991 GT at the tracks since it was new. I run consistent mid 13's with 48,000 miles on the the car, still have the stock clutch, tranny and shifter, and it is still very tight. These cars were built to run hard and last if driven and maintained properly.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree with Ray, don't power shift. It is not made to take it and if you break it, it just means down time and a lot of hassle. I have more respect for my Bullitt than that.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I used to powershift the hell out of my car...

Recently, its been feeling weak. I don't know if I'm craving more power or that my fears are real... Something is wrong with the bullitt... But until the tranny is fixed, no more powershifting... unless under 3 grand. :smile:

·
Registered
199 Posts
My advice is if your not running for money then don't powershift. If you are then it depends on how much.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Just making sure I'm on the same level as ya'll, when ya'll are "powershifting" are you
A: using clutch while keeping gas peadle all the way down

or

B: not touching clutch and just slamming the gears?

Back in the day, when I used to re-build trannys, we used to cut off every-other tooth on the syncros for just that purpose. Thus allowing the gears to mesh together faster with no-clutch usage.

1,169 Posts
On 2002-02-03 21:04, Black Sunshine #161 wrote:
Just making sure I'm on the same level as ya'll, when ya'll are "powershifting" are you
A: using clutch while keeping gas peadle all the way down

or

B: not touching clutch and just slamming the gears?

Back in the day, when I used to re-build trannys, we used to cut off every-other tooth on the syncros for just that purpose. Thus allowing the gears to mesh together faster with no-clutch usage.

I don't power shift my Bullitt anymore I did not see an improvement in the 1/4 mile. When i did power shift I would let up on the gas a little,not keeping the gas peddle to the floor.

You have to press the clutch to shift.The shifter will not come out of gear if you don't press the clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts