Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking in the archives and did a search. Found a lot of talk about Power Slot Rotors but no part numbers!

This is something you want to be sure of when ordering as it is always difficult (and time consuming) to return parts that are not correct for the Bullitt.

The Power Slot Premium SLOTTED ONLY Rotors for the Bullitt are the same as for the 94-04 Cobra and the correct part numbers are:

Front's: 8144PSL (Left/Driver) and 8145PSR (Right/Passenger)
Rear's: 8146PSL (Left/Driver) and 8146PSR (Right/Passenger)

Hope this helps other's who are looking for the correct part numbers for Power Slot Rotors for their Bullitt.

Other applications part numbers can be found at their website powerslot.com

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
aaron3536 said:
any idea on the prices?
They r over priced.
I bought powerslots and I bought some no name from speedconcepts the only thing diffrent was the price. Both products worked really good. Powerslots ur just paying for the name.

These 2 companies have good prices on slotted rotors.

http://www.speedconcepts.net/

http://www.r1concepts.com/

·
Registered
987 Posts
ooops.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 450.00 + shipping for all 4 from Summitt Racing
up to 613.00 (shipped) from gearheadracingparts.com

And.......
I can tell you that in the long run there is NO WAY that a cheap China Clone will outlast the real thing!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Lets see,,, $150 plus shipping or $450 plus shipping even if they don't last as long, I can buy 3 sets for the price of one.... If I was autoX or racing different story but for a daily driver no brainer.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The difference is quality -vs- inferior. Dollars (in my opinion) do not determine what I buy.

You get what you pay for and when it has to do with brakes or tires I buy the BEST.

I did not start this thread to get into a price war or other's opinions. I started it for an informative place for those looking for Power Slot Rotors Part Numbers to easily find them.

If someone wants to start another thread on China Clone Rotors and their part numbers that is fine with me.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Alan,
Let us know what you find when you open the boxes and inspect them.
I bought Powerslot rotors (using the same part numbers you posted.) from California Mustang. I did it because they were a San Fran Nats sponsor and they gave a discount.

One of the rear rotors has a chip in the casting on the vane side of the rotor not the pad side. It was not from shipping damage.
Seems to me the quality control needs some work.
If I had to do it again I would buy something better. BAER and Brembo for starters IMHO.
The rotors I received were made in Canada BTW.

R/T.J.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just delete this entire thread and that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Not so fast!
At least one of us appreciates the info P51.
Thanks.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Damn Alan, don't get your panties in a wad, grumpy old man! :D

People like to discuss their options. No one said that you were wrong, just that there were cheaper options. If you look at all the tire threads you will see the same thing. Some people will spend big money on brands with a history of being reliable, and others will go with less expensive tires that may wear out sooner, but that are cheaper to replace.

A lot of it also boils down to how much money each person has to spend or how many miles they drive their car. Some people can't afford to spend $500+ on rotors every year so they get what they can afford. To other people money isn't the issue, quality is what matters.

My $0.02 = More expensive does not always mean better quality. I don't have any experience with either brand of rotors so I don't know if it is true for this situation. Remember that two of the posters do have personal experience with Powerslot rotors.

Either way, don't get upset because people don't agree with you. They don't mean it personally, just voicing their opinions same as you. Besides, my opinion is the only one that really matters anyhow. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just don't buy the freakin Wagner brand rotors from O-reilly's I had to return them because they were warped. They asked if I wanted to have them turned....I was like uhhh its a brand new freakin rotor!!!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I try not to buy anything from China, we all know what kind of country that is: COMMIE

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I try not to buy anything from China, we all know what kind of country that is: COMMIE
And the Canadians are any better? ;)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doc Coffin said:
Not so fast!
At least one of us appreciates the info P51.
Thanks.

Thanks Doc for realizing that the thread was started to give info/part numbers for THOSE that were interested in the Power Slot Rotors.

It was NOT started for a discussion on their merits or their prices or comparisons to others.

Makes no difference to me what people want to buy. But, if they are looking at Power Slot Rotors and want the Part Numbers for the Bullitt, they can easily find them here now and not have to go off site to get the correct (and possibly wrong) Part Numbers.

·
Registered
987 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
The difference is quality -vs- inferior. Dollars (in my opinion) do not determine what I buy.

You get what you pay for and when it has to do with brakes or tires I buy the BEST.

I did not start this thread to get into a price war or other's opinions. I started it for an informative place for those looking for Power Slot Rotors Part Numbers to easily find them.

If someone wants to start another thread on China Clone Rotors and their part numbers that is fine with me.
Sorry about the post didnt mean anything by it. I was just answering the question thats all.

I had power slots on my car for over a year and they worked pretty well. But when it came down for me to buy another set I couldnt afford the power slots. So I bought the so called inferior ones. Well come to find out they work just as well and lasted just as long. I have a couple of buddies wit 03/04 cobras running the cheaper rotor with no problems.
As for as AutoXing I dont know who would win but I would put my money PowerSlots. But for everyday driving I would go cheap.

But its whatever u can afford.

Later i found out is that the R1 concept/Speedconcepts company uses OE Ford rotors and has them shipped out to be slotted and zinc coated.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
T.J. said:
Alan,
Let us know what you find when you open the boxes and inspect them.
I bought Powerslot rotors (using the same part numbers you posted.) from California Mustang. I did it because they were a San Fran Nats sponsor and they gave a discount.

One of the rear rotors has a chip in the casting on the vane side of the rotor not the pad side. It was not from shipping damage.
Seems to me the quality control needs some work.
If I had to do it again I would buy something better. BAER and Brembo for starters IMHO.
The rotors I received were made in Canada BTW.

R/T.J.
T.J. - Received the Rotors today and inspected them. I found no such chip in the set I got. The ones I got were also made in Canada.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts