Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my Bullitt (2K miles) in the garage for the weekend and returned to find ATF on the floor and the PS reservoir a bit low. Looks like a minor leak with ATF half way down the drivers under side. Anyone else experience this issue?

Rarecat
DHG 1035

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
1007 sets in my garage all the time sometimes a week or more and I havn't had any leaks at all.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no leaks here!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
This may be a silly woman question but, doesn't ATF stand for Automatic Transmission Fluid? We have manuals. :???: :???:

Vicki

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vicki,

You are correct about the definition of ATF, but here are few other details for you. Our manual transmissons use ATF for lubricant, as does our power steering, sooo, the name ATF can be somewhat misleading....

Rarecat

BTW: no leaks today, I think I may have revved too high and got some fuild past a seal some place. Monitoring continues

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
vickie, there are NO "silly woman questions".......this is bullittclub!!!!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
There are also no trams coolers on these cars.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same thing with my car the the rack was shot in it. Not long after I noticed the low fluid reservoir, my power steering started to make a horrible whining noise. Take your car in and get it checked out immediately.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
No problem with mine, yet.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Several people have had problems with the power steering pump here. I for one. It had very few miles on it when we noticed it starting to leak. Other than that, no mechanical problems what so ever! :grin:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
So far I am still dry..Knock on wood...
Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
My steering rack was replaced at +/- 4,000 miles. Losing fluid with no visible leak. Dealer said fluid leak was inside the unit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had a similar problem, but mine was brake fluid. Brake fluid leaking between the master cyl. and the firewall. they replaced the master cyl.. No problems since.

Tri-ax, Hurst chrome shift handle, FatKnob, Amsoil Syn., BBK LT,BBK h-pipe, FRPP 3.73 gears, Alum DS, C&L, K&N, clear bra, tinted windows, FR500 SW. Autologic chip. Dyno tune from Silver State Motorsports. 299HP and 351TQ at the crank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman615 on 2002-08-12 16:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had to have my rack replaced after approximately 17,000 KMs. The car had quite a loud whine coming from the power steering unit and my ATF reservoir was quite low.

·
Registered
35 Posts
super dry here..never a spot..time to use that service warranty??? :wink:

--cody

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-08-12 09:06, crs2879 wrote:
My steering rack was replaced at +/- 4,000 miles. Losing fluid with no visible leak. Dealer said fluid leak was inside the unit.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactlly....Dealer replaced pump first time...fluid was still disapearing and I found fluid collecting in rubber boot on rack...advised dealer of same and they replaced rack....no problem since...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts