Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys try the power steering delete short belt? Worth some HP gains at the strip! You guys are so lucky,not to have the hydra boost brakes!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I thought we had hydra boost brakes or what ever ford calls it. I would think it would free up more power. I dont know how it would feel with out the psp you may have to go manual brakes and steering, maybe the pedal would be to hard to push. Alternators suck power especially when the electric fan is on.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
54deuce said:
I thought we had hydra boost brakes or what ever ford calls it. I would think it would free up more power. I dont know how it would feel with out the psp you may have to go manual brakes and steering, maybe the pedal would be to hard to push. Alternators suck power especially when the electric fan is on.
The 2005+ Mustangs went back to the vacuum assist,since they have more room around the engine and maybe for other reasons.
But you 2008/09 Bullitt owners should give it a try,only the cost of a short belt!

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are going to try driving with the psp disconnected, you better have the arms of Arnold Schwarzenegger. The psp failed on my Bullitt. There is no way you would be able to make any kind of fast diving correction if you got the least bit sideways.
Bruce

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,I know. I used to do it on my 85 LX,but that was with a front skinny setup,which makes a big difference. The fast steering ratio,plus fat front tires does make it tough!
I now run a manual rack on the 85 LX and with the 245x45x17's up front,it takes a little cranking when stopped.
Can't help it....I constantly look for places to shave the ET,on race day only!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mus408 said:
The 2005+ Mustangs went back to the vacuum assist,since they have more room around the engine and maybe for other reasons.
But you 2008/09 Bullitt owners should give it a try,only the cost of a short belt!
I thought you were talking about the 01s my mistake.:dhg01:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts