Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Power Steering leakage

541 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stangmikel 
#1 ·
Hubby just got back from Ford as he took her in for them to check the power steering unit. It comes out that the unit is leaking and going down the hose (not real bad yet, tho). They are going to replace both the unit and the hose. So check those units underneath to see if there is any seepage.

#2 ·
We talked to a 99 Cobra owner yesterday. Mentioned to him about our power steering unit leaking (taking it in on Tues to get new one). He said the Cobras have the same problem as they create a lot of heat especially at high RPMs-reving it hard, and to plan on replacing the unit more often than you normally would. Like once a year! They're not water cooled and they heated up pretty easily. Check your power steering unit often to make sure it is not turning black. You want it red. And he said to use synthetic fluid. It will take higher heat for a longer period of time!

I bet if we bring it up to Ford Tues. they'll act like they know nothing about it. :eek:

Vicki #00344

#3 ·
When I originally read your post regarding the power steering leak I thought whewwww I glad I don't have that......Well give it time..My level was low added some fluid...Just looking closely at the engine last night and guess what.....level at MIN...didn't see the leak but made a note to get it in for that now.....thanks for the orignal post Vicki.

#6 ·
My #790 is leaking from pump or hose cant tell which yet but will let dealer worry about it. Havent had to add fluid yet 3500 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.