Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new one. Saturday afternoon I try to put up the window on the driver's side and can't do it. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else run into this one? Also, to the guys at the Greensboro run, sorry I couldn't make it, I really wanted to.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yea, mine started squealing couple weeks ago. Not much at first, but it's doing it more and more......

·
Registered
37 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-25 12:12, USBullitt wrote:
Here is a new one. Saturday afternoon I try to put up the window on the driver's side and can't do it. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else run into this one? Also, to the guys at the Greensboro run, sorry I couldn't make it, I really wanted to.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny you should ask. I pulled in my driveway this afternoon and guess what? My driver side window won't go up. GRRRR. Thank god I have a garage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just a word of warning: check it when you get it back to make sure all the clips and screws are put back on.
My 93 Cobra had a problem with the switch for the power window. I had it back twice and each time they had it apart they never put all the clips and screws back on. It was so bad one time that the door panel was barely hanging on and the door would barely close! I don't get it, they really thought that that would be acceptable?? Watch Them!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a tip I have used on other Ford vehicles that have squeaking or slow moving power windows. --- Try lowering the windows slightly and, using your fingers, apply a thin coat of Vaseline on each side of the window - where the rubber contacts the glass.

Roll the windows up and down a few times, then clean off the excess Vaseline.

Hope this helps!

Enjoying #00930

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyBullitt on 2001-10-03 21:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've got the squeaking too. Just the drivers side, but I don't think it's the rubber. I could be wrong and will try your tip. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I had my windows down while at a car show a couple of weeks ago. When it came time to pack up, the drivers window did not go up. After getting in and moving my car to a parking spot it still wouldn't go up. Then I got in the car to leave, slammed the door, and voila, it went up. Sounds like a loose connection or something. Maybe this is a common problem?

·
Registered
310 Posts
IT was the motor on mine it went out at 3000 miles ! i even checked the wiring my self all the way down to the motor connector!
Thanx Havgun #1676

·
Registered
448 Posts
I thought the squeaking was just on mine! It only happens on my driver door, as well, and only at the very top. I'm gonna try the vaseline idea, sounds worth a try. If that doesn't work, I will have the dealer check it out on my first service. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
878 Posts
my driver's windown stuck in the down position 2 weeks to the day after I got the car. I have a friend who is a service writer at a Ford dealer and she took the car in right away. Of course on the drive over the window worked again. I didn't say nothing but she told me she believed my story and that they replaced the motor in the door. Express down feature takes practice.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It happened to me. My window won't go up, after one month and 940 miles! Going into the shop Monday morning and I'm also glad I have a garage.

As for the EXPRESS feature....
Instead of holding down the button until the window is all the way down or where you want it...just give the down side of the button one quick tap and the window will go all the way down by itself while your attention and left hand go back to more important things like driving.

I also believe that this may be the culprit here since only the driver's side window is breaking. This Monday I'm tempted to have them replace the driver's side switch with a standard passenger side switch, eliminating the sometimes bothersome express feature (when I want to roll down the driver's side window just a little bit I have to go down a ways then roll it back up a ways to bypass the auto feature). What do you think about that solution????

Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGWsatin& shift handle,FordRcng3.73's,Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-10-27 14:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
172 Posts
I too thought my driver's side window sqeeking was just my #2999.

I started at about 4K miles. If it continues, I may have my dealer check it out.

Trajan88
Plano, TX U.S.A.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My driver side window went down and it didn't go back up. The dealer had to put a whole new gear box in it. That was 2 days after I bought it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The window on 3918 stopped going up for a couple of hours the second day I had it. It happened again recently and didn't go back up and I had to replace the gears in the window. Weird...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same problems about 2 months ago. I couldn't get the drivers side window to go back up. I drove it the rest of the day with the window down and trying to hit the up button several times throughout the day. I parked it for a couple of hours. When I got back in it I was able to put the window back up. It started working as mysteriously as it stopped. It's been working ever since. But, I keep wondering if it'll do it again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts