Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well crap. Noticed my trusty ole, 600 miles and got it 6 days ago, Bullitt #2276 has a leak of what appears to be power steering fluid. Noticed a stain on the ground when going to lunch today.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thought I read about this somewhere else, but can not find it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Are you sure it came from your car? I think I remember reading about weeping from the brake fluid reservois but nothing about the power steering leaking. After reading a lot of these posts some of these cars seem more like my old Harleys than modern cars. BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not absolutely sure, but will find out when I get home and look in the garage. I know the floor was clean and dry last night.

Lets hope for another car leaking in my assigned parking spot at work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Amen to that.We sure don't need anymore problems cropping up with our Bullitts!!!!BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it is now 9:30 on Saturday night and the Bullitt has been put to bed for the night. So far I have not noticed any additional fluid leaking. Looks like someone was leaking in the same area as I parked. Phew!!!! What a relief...

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,179 Posts
donwil: After about 300-500 miles or so on #344 hubby noticed a dampness (no dripping on ground) on or around the pump. We took her into ford and they just replaced the power steering pump no problem! here is the thread: http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=953&forum=9

Vicki #344

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-20 23:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had my power steering pump replaced about 21/2 months ago. Power steering fluid was leeking like a civ after a long journey in the heat. After replacement haven't had a problem. It leaked like mad though, I wasn't a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, guess what. The power steering pump (PSP) IS leaking after all. It only happens when driving the car in a FIRM manner. Don't want to say hard 'cause I am extremely careful with the RPMs and the tight turns. But after getting on it, no burning of rubber - tires cost too much, I parked the car and low and behold there is a puddle under the PSP area.

TwoStangWmn, thanks for the link to the PSP issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts