Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Mesquite Lowe's has Karcher Electric pressure washers on sale! Check the website!

1500 PSI reg 99 now 25.00!

1800 PSI K368M reg 159 now 40.00!

Get 'em fast!

Well, that didn't last long! They have changed the prices back to the original prices! A few guys on DFWstangs got a few of them at the reduced price, then I guess they figured out that someone had made a serious mistake in their update of their ads. Too bad the Lowes.com site is so slow, or others that were trying would have got one. I missed out as well.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Called the Store

I called the Mesquite Lowes and spoke with Carl (who was as dumb as the chair I am sitting in) who first said they didn't have any and ended up saying he knew nothing about it.

I asked to speak to the Manager (Wylet) and he said it is 159.96!

I complained that he advertised it at 40.00 and for however long it was advertised, he made the offer to sell it at that price. I asked him if he was going to honor the sale price on the ad (that I actually printed out) and he would not say yes or no, only that the price is 159.96.

I told him my Lawyer would be contacting him.

Any lawyers here? Want to tackle this? I've got the printed out ad from the Mesquite Web Site and willing to testify. We can get one for every bullitthead at 40.00! Talk about a SUPER Group Buy!

We're talking:
Advertised Price (SALE then Regular in about 2 hours) Bait and Switch!
Some members at DFWstangs.net got through on the website (even though it was super slow) and managed to order some at the reduced prices.

Even though it was an obvious mistake by whoever updated the web page, they should honor all that try to buy it at the advertised price.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Make sure that there is not a disclaimer somewhere on the site that says price may vary by location or prices are subject to change, or even not responsible for errors . They can also say that they have sold out of the "sale" items and that the rest are normal price. I've seen this kind of thing at Fry's and once I tried to fight it and they pointed out that the bottom says prices are subject to change without notice, even though the sale was supposed to be good until Tuesday. Best Buy does the same thing on the day after Thanksgiving sales. They print up thousands of fliers advertising a price and then you get there and they say that they only had 3 at that price and that they are gone.

If you manage to get several for that price, let me know!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am afraid you are correct. They have a disclaimer on the website similar to that.
The thing is though, several at DFWStangs.net got through on the web and ordered at the reduced price before they changed it back to regular price. They have confirmations of their orders at reduced price and now we will wait to see what their CC' are charged.

One guy is going to the store to pick his up (he already paid reduced price on the web) after work today and will post back up on stangs what happens!

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4307678#post4307678

Another guy just posted that he is back home from Lowes with the 25.00 one in hand!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I just ordered a $40 but had to have it shipped so it was $60. I can get the $25 one if I do local pickup here in Mansfield.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cannot get one ordered....it keeps taking me back to 0 in my shopping cart after I select UPS!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I cannot get one ordered....it keeps taking me back to 0 in my shopping cart after I select UPS!
I should have ordered two. Then we could have split the shipping cost. Too late now.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should have ordered 10! then you could be the King of Pressure! and sell them for 75.00 easy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts