Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my pro-chamber from American Muscle(formly Mustang Tuning) and i noticed that i got only one dounut gasket. Aren't there supposed to be 2? Anybody that has one, i need some info please!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got a Prochamber too. I haven't installed it yet but mine only came with one gasket as well for the passenger side. However, I am going to purchase a new stock copper gasket as I heard those gaskets they supply with these aren't thew best.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The left and right exhaust manifolds are different so only the right side uses the gasket. Brilliant idea, NOT! Why they are not the same is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
let us know how it fits. mine didn't, so i had to have a shop basically rebuild it to work on 890. spent more on that than the prochamber was brand new.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my stainless prochamber fits fine, just leaks at the passenger manifold bc of that crappy gasket. I dont think a new stock gasket will help much, honestly. Im having Remflex make a custom gasket with more crush area. Great idea, since Im ordering longtubes in a few months (sarcasm). I just cant live with the leak anymore.

·
Car Whisperer
20,880 Posts
yep, you only use one gasket on one side. the MRT H pipe I got and installed was the same way......only mine fit!!!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Remember, the studs on the factory manifolds have little shoulders on them. I pulled my factory studs out and replaced them with taurus manifold studs (no shoulder) and the pipe was able to mate up properly with the factory manifolds. It's a $10 fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts