Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to thank Mr. Art Hyde (or his assistant) for replying to my many e-mails. I am impressed that someone at Ford is listening and cares enough about their customers to respond directly to them (I know it's his job to do what he can to make the customers happy - but he could just ignore us, and let someone else "deal" with us).

I thought I would list below some questions (paraphrased) and answers from the e-mails I sent and received over the last few days to Mr. Art Hyde:

Q: I have rubbed part of ink off of the S/N sticker on my car by trying to clean it. I'm very upset at the quality of this sticker. I would like to see if Ford is going to consider a replacement, maybe a solid metal badge/plate of some type - something that will hold up over the years?

A: "Understood. The program is done and we will consider the input for the next program if there is one."

Q: What should I do about my sticker that has the ink rubbed off? I talked to my dealer and he said he would have to wait until Ford sends out something such as a TSB that instructs him how to handle the problem. Will Ford send out something to inform the dealers how to replace the damaged sticker?

A: "Yes. We made a third label for every Bullitt. We are right now working out a way we can have dealers provide that label to people like you. What we are worried about is diversion of the labels. We have indications that prople are building GTs into Bullitts. We do not want to provide them with a source to get the one non-service part because then the value of the "real" Bullitts will be diluted. The logistics of making sure labels do not get diverted are complex."

Q: You mention three labels. Does that mean the car has one somewhere else?

A: "There is a second label on your car. As a policy, we do not disclose its location."

Q: Will the replacement label I get be exactly like the current one I have? I mean specifically, will the ink be exactly the same?

A: "At the time of production, a third label was also produced. These are safely stored in Dearborn and will be used to replace labels that have been wiped off. The ink will be protected by a clear cover to be mailed to you soon."

So it looks like there is a third label, exactly like the one already on the car, that Ford will get to the ones that have damaged theirs. There probably won't be any type of redesigned badge/label made by Ford for us, and we will only be getting a clear label to protect the ink from coming off in the future.

While I do not agree with their decision to not improve the label, Mr. Hyde's responses were not ambiguous.

That's it, probably the final word and all we are going to get from Ford.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Art Hyde basically told me the same thing. I guess we will take whatever we can get as long as it is Ford produced.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
What I would like is something in FORD print stating that car,with whatever VIN number,is actually a Bullitt! Is there such documentation?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I have 2 pieces of documentation that say Bullitt which should pass muster with anybody- My window sticker which says bullitt and vin and my build sheet which says bullitt and vin.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I mean if it's an authenticity issue, it looks like they would have tried harder to make sure it was right. What good is a rubbed off sticker? People look at it and say "Yep, it's a Bullitt, notice the little sticker with nothing on it?" If the first lasted 3 months how long will the second last?

Give us a Metal Plate to be riveted on! If the VIN doesn't coincide with it being a Bullitt a sticker is useless anyway. It's not like we are dealing with a Thunderbolt here or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-08-25 18:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
I saved my window sticker and build sheet. The build sheet identifies mine as a Bullitt along with the VIN, and the window sticker goes one step farther listing the Bullitt PEP. MY special order paperwork and all the sales paperwork identify it as well.

If Ford and Art Hyde is so worried about theft of Ford's replacement IDs, he's more than welcome to hand deliver mine in Texas. I say that would be a small price for Ford to pay in airline fares, but a great PR item. Art Hyde personnally delivering the proper plate IDs.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Besides all the paperwork and window stickers, we still have the 2nd S/N label located in the interior.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
here we go again ,lets get this part out of thw way:
everyone likes art
everyone appreciates ford for their bullitt

as a matter of business ford owes us a proper ID plate plain and simple. not to mention correction of some mechanical issues

a metal ID tag with VIN and Bullitt #

to go along with the hallogram and the standard/factoory/fed vin tag

can't dispute those now can u? each one cross referencing the other no worry about cloning, fraud etc...

how much can this cost????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like ours (sticker) was the experiment - I now understand that the Mach 1 will be getting a metal badge. :mad:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I am working on getting e-mail address's for higher up...maybe that will help.. maybe art is at the limit of what he can do and maybe someone else needs to be brought into the picture..

maybe I will get more 'fun' e-mail responses
lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Many thanks to all for even taking the time out of your busy day to do this.

It is appreciated!

Paul G.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I heard that they are considering two options for the clear label fix.

1. Send us a smaller clear label to apply over the top of the existing label (approx 90% the size of the original label). This way we can see that the protection cover has been applied.

2. If your label is damaged and needs to be replaced, they could send the dealer a label with a 90% clear cover OR a label with a 100% clear cover (this would mean some labels would "look" different than others). We should tell Team Mustang what we want......I personally want my replacement label to have the 100% clear cover....I don't care if my car looks like the rest of the Bullitts with the 90% clear label. What to you guys think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My label is just fine.....So I don't want to mess with it....I wouldn't change it! If I were to opt for the above choices, I would want it to be obvious that I had "fixed" the supposed problem. I have washed my car many times and see not signs if the sticker being damaged.....so what is being done that damages the your stickers? What cleaners etc. attack the ink?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Meguires quick polish will take the ink off. Trust me...look at my decal...missing a T... while polishing the engine compartment at a Mustang Show the second day I owned the car back on May 6th. I brought this problem to Ben Phols attention from Team Mustang when I met him in Gainesville Raceway.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Also I know some of you think that...well we have the second sticker and you have your window sheet and so on.....but when you enter your Bullitt in a MCA sponsored event...and the crowds are gathering around your car to see the "BULLITT"...one of the first things they check out is your Engine Compartment DECAL!!!!!
HOW ABOUT THAT TEAM MUSTANG!!!!!
i AM 100% DISSATISFIED WITH THE SOLUTION FOR ME!!!!!
I AM BANGING MY KEYS RIGHT NOW WHILE I TYPE.
Art, if you read this, I paid almost $30,000 for my beautiful, hot, sexy, commerative Steve McQueen Automobile, that performs better that my 96 Cobra. I actually Love this car, But I show it all over the State of Florida, and my decal Looks like ****. I dont want people looking at the car to ask me if this is really a Bullitt or just a copy.
See you at the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
see my reply in the other post
folks , the gloves need to come off, no more mr nice guy , starting after labor day. I will need your support after I start it so...
(and please if u have to e -mail me with a difference of opinion , thats fine...just kinda curb the language... my son does get on and reads email too.)and by the way to the last gentleman... try proper grammar and spelling so i can understand you.. and ""dick"" is spelled D I C K not dik

·
Registered
762 Posts
TexasBullitt are you still messed about with by people outside of the forum because of your opinion???

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
seems I must have that uncanny ability to strike a nerve with some people,,, I dont think they are members or if they are then they change their ID.. what the hell... all in a days work i guess...

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
For all of us who have no sticker damage. I posted a potential protective fix many posts ago. It is very certain to me that those of us with stickers intact should not use any products under the hoods of our cars. I still recomend a simple monthly dust rinse off at the public steam clean car wash and the engine will stay new looking and plain rinse water will have no effect on the sticker.

Just my two cents.

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-08-31 09:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can anyone say lawsuit. If that's what it takes to get there attention . We should have enough people to make them listen.
A proper I.D. tag in metal not a sticker.
This is not a cheap v6 model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts