Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its me again fellas, okay quick breakdown, have a procharger with intercooler. issue: on the passenger side of the front cowl/fender, the tubing from the cooler to the blower pushes down on the uh... underside of the front end, example, if i were to try and intstall the front wing/lower spoiler that everyone has, it would not fit cause the front right is being forced down from the tubing. okay... i want to put a new front end on and am not sure if anyone out there has the same problem, and if so, did you put a new front bumper on? what style fit, and did it correct the issue, was there more clearance, say with and 03-04 cobra bumper? if anyone understands what the hell im saying please respond, when i get home i will post a few pics to try and help everyone see what im so poorly trying to explain.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys, just dont have the proper wording, its not the wheelwell fender, or hood cowl, just not sure how to expain it. but it is the front bumper, passenger side, very bottom, it protrudes out/down. hope that helps, just reread my post and it even confused me....

thanks guys

Aaron

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found a pic

here is a pic of another with the same setup, but not the same issue, you can see the tubing through the air vent, my tube pushes the bottom of the front end down so it protrudes badly, so, i know there is no fix to it, but what new front ends would you guys recomend for my car, that have a little more clearance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Is your tube and intercooler in a bind causing it to poke the tube out. Check the mounting of it and make sure nothing got bent on the install of the tubes. You can also try to loosen the clamps and see if you can move the tubes around. The poking out of the bumper does not sound right it should sit right in the inner bumper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
gonna get a pic for ya guys here in a few minutes, then change the whole thread, gonna switch over to what front bumpers you guys like and recomend. pic coming in about 30min.

maybe not guys, keeps saying file upload failed.... not sure what to do now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
here is the pic of what im talking about, so, what front end would you guys recomend, something that looks just plain mean! thats what im looking for, please guys, all ideas and where to find em would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
IMO, I would find out the cause of the problem first. I've never seen a car like that.

Chad

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I prefer the 99/01 cobra bumper over the 03/04.

·
Registered
123 Posts
M1 Tanker said:
IMO, I would find out the cause of the problem first. I've never seen a car like that.

Chad
Agreed, looks like the installer cut corners. Fix the problem and keep your current bumper.Problem solved!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am useing the procharger 3 core standard cooler with my vortech blower.I had the piping modified that comes out of the cooler that runs through the inner fender straight up to the the bullitt discharge tube.I had a small whole cut right beside the frame rail and i used the vortech discharge tube and piping and added 1 extra piece of straight pipe.I also am useing a powerpipe.Not sure why u guys dont just modify the piping a little,makes for a much cleaner and better looking install in my opinion. GREG

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yeah remove the bumper so you can get a good look at what is going on and see if you can adjust or "tweek" the tubes or metal in anyway to get it in. Something is not right on it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i just talked to my coworker with a procharger and he had to cut his elbows to fit on it...that or your intercooler isn't installed right. his intercooler piping pushes his bumper down just a hair but not that bad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts