Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Here's my .02c

I have been around Mustangs and superchargers for 10 or 12 years now. I feel that any of the “big 3’s” headunits are pretty good. They are all capable of producing enough power to tank a stock mill and largely very reliable parts. Here’s where I draw the distinction, they all cost roughly the same so how can one company provide an intercooler for that same price. IMO, it because they make lesser components in other places. Unless things have changed, the bypass valve set on the ATIs is just jicky and the bracketry and general layout looked somewhat like it was an “it’s the best we could do” type of thing. Where as Paxton and Vortech use top notch components throughout and have an OEM quality about them.

I know the self contained units have a mysterious attraction to them (although I don’t know why since tapping the pan is quite simple) but now Vortech offers a SC unit (not sure about Paxton) to match ATIs offering.

I’m not anti-ATI necessarily (I used to sell them through my old company) and only had one have issues (pretty low failure rate IMO) but I would always recommend Vortech if I was asked about which blower to go with as opposed to a customer coming to specifically buy a Procharger.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
bullitt701 said:
thanks for you input Barnaby! can i ask why you would recomend the vortech over any other?
Other than the reasons I put in the first post, I have installed a number of all of the brands and the Vortech was easiest and most thought out of any of them. That said, I haven't installed one in a few years now so ATI may have caught up on their installation ease. If so then I would say take a look at how the kits are put together (under the hood) in a car and see what you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.