Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

procharger?

480 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Barnaby 
#1 ·
so im seriously thinking about getting the procharger P1SC kit for the bullitt. anybody runing this set up or have ever used one on another car?

#2 ·
I bought one. Got stolen before it ever made it on the car. I have a novi2000 now, and I love it. You will probabley be happy with any of the supercharger kits on the market they all are great kits.

#3 ·
are you running an intercooler with the novi? that was one thing i really liked about the procharger is the fact that it already comes with an intercooler. i have heard good things about them as a company and they stand by there products.

#4 ·
Here's my .02c

I have been around Mustangs and superchargers for 10 or 12 years now. I feel that any of the “big 3’s” headunits are pretty good. They are all capable of producing enough power to tank a stock mill and largely very reliable parts. Here’s where I draw the distinction, they all cost roughly the same so how can one company provide an intercooler for that same price. IMO, it because they make lesser components in other places. Unless things have changed, the bypass valve set on the ATIs is just jicky and the bracketry and general layout looked somewhat like it was an “it’s the best we could do” type of thing. Where as Paxton and Vortech use top notch components throughout and have an OEM quality about them.

I know the self contained units have a mysterious attraction to them (although I don’t know why since tapping the pan is quite simple) but now Vortech offers a SC unit (not sure about Paxton) to match ATIs offering.

I’m not anti-ATI necessarily (I used to sell them through my old company) and only had one have issues (pretty low failure rate IMO) but I would always recommend Vortech if I was asked about which blower to go with as opposed to a customer coming to specifically buy a Procharger.

#5 ·
No I am not running an intercooler YET. I will be getting one in time for spring. My numbers are pretty comparble with a P1sc car without the intercooler. I expect to be over 400 to the wheels after I add the intercooler.

#7 ·
blmarlow said:
No I am not running an intercooler YET. I will be getting one in time for spring. My numbers are pretty comparble with a P1sc car without the intercooler. I expect to be over 400 to the wheels after I add the intercooler.
do you have any major mods to your engine? forged inturnals or anything?

#8 ·
bullitt701 said:
thanks for you input Barnaby! can i ask why you would recomend the vortech over any other?
Other than the reasons I put in the first post, I have installed a number of all of the brands and the Vortech was easiest and most thought out of any of them. That said, I haven't installed one in a few years now so ATI may have caught up on their installation ease. If so then I would say take a look at how the kits are put together (under the hood) in a car and see what you feel comfortable with.

#9 ·
I have a stock bottum end. Novi2000, 42lb injectors, sct 2400 MAF, SVT Focus fuel pump with Kenne bell bap along with other basic bolt ons like exhaust and what not. I am not saying to not buy the P1sc I am just saying dont buy it just becauce it has an intercooler. I just got my car back tonight from getting retuned. I have 411hp/381tq to the wheels without an intercooler.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.