Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I brought number 862 home last monday and have been having a blast. I am extremely happy with my Bullitt. My only concern is the fact that Ford keeps raising the amount they are going to produce. I have always been a huge Ford and Mustang die-hard but if Ford ends up producing huge numbers af these things I will not be happy. It would be a slap in the face to the true Mustang faithful out there. I think it is very interesting the the production number sticker on the shock tower is 00826 instead of 0826. Have they been planning all along to make tons of these cars? I sure hope not. What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i've got to agree with 1Nasty. when i ordered back on Feb. 2nd, Ford said 5000 units produced. then it was 6000 then it was 6500. the problem right now is production of the models with 5 speeds.
as of Feb. 10th or 17th, the Cobra, the GT, and the Bullitt are all using the same manual tranny and they are having problems with getting enough trannies right now. there are quite a few guys who have ordered GT's that are not getting build or ship dates as well as all the guys who have ordered Bullitts. and the Cobra's have priorty somewhat over GT's and Bullitts. sooner or later they have to shut down for changeover to start production of the 2002 model year mustangs.
i don't know how many Cobras, GT's, and Bullitts they can produce between now and then with less that perfect transmission supplies?????????????
any thoughts??????

·
Registered
225 Posts
I understand the emissions cert. is only good thru Aug. so they will have to stop production by the end of Aug. or reapply for an extention of the cert.
With the Corba running about 4-5 grand more than the Bullitts, which do you think they are going to produce more of. If they keep producing the Corbas that means less Bullitts, which would be great for us. KnowwhatImean?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
right on twoponys!!!!!!!
nothing would make me happier to see the Bullitt production line "run out of time" before the end of august

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
You guys know the final numbers would be alot lower if dealers hadn't orderd them in for stock before Ford stopped that. Ford finally said that there would be no BULLITTs for dealer stock, only when ordered by the customers. Even at 6500, considering thats it worldwide, that isn't that bad of a number.
Cam

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I sent a note to Art Hyde asking if the number would be less than 6500 due to shortage of transmissions. He answered claiming that to be a "rumor" and the only reason there would be less is if they weren't ordered or dealers didn't want them on their lots. However, today is the cutoff day for ordering, so the final tally will be known in a couple of weeks.
I invited him here but he says "14 hour days and three small kids" take up all his time.

Joyce

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks joyce. let us know if you hear anything else.
can FORD make another 3500 to 3800 Bullit's and still produce all the ordered 5 speed GT's and Cobra's betwenn now and August 15th ??????????????? (or whatever)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts