Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the exact production run #'s? With a color breakdown? Also, I'm feeling pretty stupid, when I went in to get my Bullitt, the mark up was $1500 due to limited availability, the dealer was only aloted 8 they had sold 6, mine was sitting on the lot for 2 weeks, and the only other one coming in (at the begining of Sept.) was a blue one, I really like the Green! They would not budge on the price at all!! not a penny, so many folks had expressed interest in the car, but had not pulled the trigger so to speak, the only thing I got out of them was $2000 rebate from Ford and 0.9%. I thought at the time it was an OK deal due to the limited availability, but now I'm not so sure. Have they stopped production, or are they going to run until Sept.?

·
Registered
121 Posts
At least you got the rebate and the financing. Around here it was only $1000 rebate or 0.9% for 36 months.

I'm surprised Ford allowed the Mustang rebate on the Bullitt anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
They had to Trooper since it's clasified as a GT and that's what the rebates/interests are on. I like the $2000 back AND the 0.9!! That's a good deal!!! Figure they marked it up $1500 but then give you $2000, you're still ahead $500!!
Cam

·
Registered
51 Posts
There must be too many Bullitt's here in TX. Both Covert and Leif Johnson Ford here in Austin are knocking $1500 off MSRP plus the rebate which brings them down to $23880. And I only thought I got a good deal on mine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We've lowered our pricing structure on Bullitt's as of yesterday to the following:

$27,380 = MSRP (with Mach audio)
- 500 = our discount off MSRP
- 1,500 = Ford rebate (or low APR)
----------------------------------
$25,380 + tax/licensing

We have one DHG on the lot (just arrived a couple days ago). We have another DHG arriving any day (it's already at the railhead awaiting the truck ride to us). We have two DHG's arriving 8/27 per Ford. And our last Bullitt will be a black one arriving in early September.

If you're in the Seattle/Tacoma area, stop in and say "hi." And if you happen to still be looking for a Bullitt, you could likely talk me into selling one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
By the way, we won't get a production count until several month's after production is complete. And, we won't get a color breakdown at all because Bullitts are tagged as P42's, just like a standard GT coupe.

The only exception will be Dark Highland Green since it is unique to Bullitts, so we will get a color count on the DHG Bullitts. Let's say, for example, that 6,000 Bullitt's get built and 5,000 DHG Mustangs are reported. We know the DHG's have to be Bullitts and would deduce that the other 1,000 are black or blue, but no exact breakdown.

Same thing happened last year with the Feature GT's. 3,901 were built, and in just 5 colors. Ford reported 917 Zinc Yellow Mustangs in 2000 and Zinc Yellow was only offered on Feature GT's. This leaves 2,984 split between black, silver, white, and performance red - but we'll never know the breakdown.

I'll be happy to report final Bullitt production #'s here as soon as Team Mustang releases the info.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How is the feature GT unique? I've heard of them, but never heard any specifics as far as modifications or additions.

·
Registered
295 Posts
For any ones reference;
I bought my Bullitt the beginning of August and here's what I ended up paying after a lot of haggling back and forth and even walking out on the dealer once after we got in to a heated ( you might say ) discussion. My total drive out the door price including everything, destination, taxes, liscense, registration/plates,dealer factory rebates which I just returned back to the dealer..was a exactly $26,500, and in New Jersey the sales tax is 6% so if you back track my price for the car was $25,000 plus the 6% sales tax which equals the $26,500. The MSRP as you all know was $27,380. So I think I got an OK deal maybe not the absolute best but OK.

Frankie Black Bullitt # 2726, Montvale New Jersey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-19 10:33 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Actually, we can get a complete breakdown of all Bullitts by production #, Color, Audio system, and Country (US or Canada). I am going to be working on that in the next couple months. I need to get authority regarding posting of the info. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
That would be great Mr T! Don't do anything to get yourself in trouble (ala Blue Oval News) :wink: but any info would be great!

B-man

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks Mr.T

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-20 11:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Mr T.

I'll be real curious to know exactly how many True Blue Bullitts end up getting produced as I'm very seriously considering buying one, once the dust settles on my cross-country move. Would love to buy one now, but I need to wait until I move to New York City from California. I've heard that Blue will end up being the rarest color. Would most Bullittheads concur with this?

·
Registered
280 Posts
bullitt196,

The 2000 Feature GT's (option code 54X) were offered as P42's (GT coupes) and P45's (GT Convertibles). You could get any GT option, but only 5 colors were available: black, silver, performance red, white, and zinc yellow (unique to the Feature GT).

For $995 MSRP ($886 invoice) we got:

* Unique polished 17 x 8 5-spoke wheels.
* Hood scoop & side scoops from the '99 Limited Edition GT's.
* Twin flat black stripes running down the hood on either side of the hood scoop with "GT" cut out on each showing the body color.
* Flat black rear bumper inserts reading "MUSTANG"

Ford authorized 6,000 to be built - 1,000 per month starting February 7, 2000.

Of course, Ford failed to advertise the '00 Feature GT. We didn't get brochures, hero cards, or any media coverage. That's why just 3,901 were built.

Ford did get favorable feedback, however, from Feature GT owners about how much they like the aggressive styling. So much so, that Ford decided the hood & side scoops should be used on ALL GT's in 2001 to better differentiate the GT from the V6.

So now we have three years of Mustang "springtime feature" Mustangs in a row. 4,628 of the '99 Limited Edition's. 3,901 of the '00 54X's. ???? of the '01 Bullitt's.

Ford made "springtime feature" Mustangs in 1991, 1992, and 1993 also. Remember the '91 Emerald Green 5.0 LX Convertibles with white leather & top? They had the GT turbine style wheel. Then the '92's were the yellow 5.0 LX Convertibles with the black leather & top. They had chrome 5-spoke Pony wheels. Then the '93's were the bright red 5.0 LX Convertibles with white leather & top. The wheels were white-painted 5-spoke Pony's.

Now I'm desperately hoping that the 2002 "springtime feature" Mustang is the Mach 1.

·
Registered
280 Posts
By the way, here's what a 2000 Feature GT looks like:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here's a question that I hope generates some discussion. Reading what Five O B posted about the springtime Feature Mustangs confirmed what I had previously thought to be true: that most of these Special Editions are in fact graphics/paint scheme packages, with the occasional plastic enhancement, ie. moldings or scoops & rims. Personally, I don't think that really qualifies as anything special because it's really no different than some dealer add-on or sticker. That's why I think the Bullitt is so special, because it actually has performance-oriented upgrades, ie: intake, exhaust, brakes & handling, as well as the cosmetic items like spoiler delete, rims & scoops. I'm not razzing other Feature or Shinoda Boss owners, but I don't see what the big deal is. For that matter, I don't think the vintage California Special or Colorado Twister are to die for either, although I stop & look like everyone else when I see them at a show. What are other people's thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I Bought my Bullitt on the A-Plan, My granfather Worked for ford so I got a really low price, I paid 23000.00 and I was penalized 1000.00 on my trade, so I paid 24000.00. Not bad eh? DHG......

·
Registered
280 Posts
rancorkeeper,

You are absolutely correct that some limited edition Mustangs didn't come with performance upgrades (i.e. my '00 Feature GT, Twister Special Mach 1's, California Specials, High Country Specials, King Cobra's, Boss Shinoda's, Sprints, etc). However, when a car is already fast and someone wants one that stands out from a crowd, then these all hold a special place in many Mustang enthusiasts' driveways.

I bought my '00 Feature GT because, visually, it reminded me so much of the Mach 1's of yesteryear. My first car was a Mach 1 so it was sentimental, much like the Bullitt Mustang is to the Steve McQueen fans out there. Admit it, you guys would have still bought the Bullitt even if the GT's standard 260hp V8 was under the hood. The look, sound, and stance of the car is enough. The GT's 260hp is enough to propel my '00 GT to 13.87 @ 98.3 in the 1/4 mile - stock. That's quick in anyone's book for a stock production car. The cosmetic upgrades were just icing on the cake for me - and for just $995 extra.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I wasn't that big of Steve McQueen fan. I had seen the movie in the theater with my parents when it first came out. I might have seen it on TBS or AMC a time ir 2. Heck, I didn't even get the DVD until after I ordered the car. I was actually considering a Red Premium GT Convertible, since I had owned an 83 5.0 GT Convertible. Something about the Bullitt's factory modifications, the DHG color, and the car's overall appearence attracted me to it when I read my first press release.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ok, when we talk about how much we paid for the car, is it before APR??? If it is, then I only paid 25k. :smile: GO ME!

Los
#3753 True Blue

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really should have never brought it up, now I feel bad I paid MSRP+. Oh well, I'd have paid more, I LOVE THIS CAR!!! This area is usually really good for production hot rod pricing, they just don't sell here. I got such a screaming deal on my other cars, I thought I would do good on the Bullitt, but I didn't do enough research, bit my ass. My others were GM products as well, both a few thousand below MSRP out the door. In fact I had been reading on the Impala chat that in the Chicago area there were no SS's to be had, and people were paying big $$$, my SS' was sitting on the lot for almost 7 months and was about to be sent back for new stock. On the lot for 7 monts and only 7 miles on the oddometer, my Bullit was on the lot less than 2 weeks, had 14 miles on it the first time I looked at it, 54 when I took delivery, and unless you plunk down some cash, the test drive route is only 2 miles. Congrats to those who got a stellar deal, I will be more ruthless on my next purchase (I will make my wife go with me)!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts