Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be interesting to match the Bullitt number to the production sequence number (from VIN). The production sequence number is the order to which your car was built during the year. It is the last 6 digits in the VIN. The lower the number, the earlier the Mustang was built. My Bullitt number is 5338 and the PSN is 260024. This maybe useful to put our Bullitts in a proper order on the ‘Bullitt list’. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That won't be accurate, because TwoStangWmn's #00344 has a VIN of 197395 and my Bullitt #00169 has a VIN of 199028

She has a lower VIN, I have a lower Bullitt number. Don't know why, but it's true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-11-11 20:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bullitt #'s were not issued out is sequence therefore, it is possible for you to have a lower Bullitt # and have a higher PSN #. Only The PSN will have an order of sequence.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Below is the answer to the question of production sequence. It appears that my idea for using the PSN in theh VIN code will not work. My question now is why do they call it a Production Sequence Number if they don't use it as such? I was always under the impression that this number was used as a way for Ford to keep track of production numbers. Kind of disappointing, I guess. :sad:

Mr.T
Super BullittHead

Posted: 2001-06-21 18:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the most part they receive the next serialization # in line as they are built. One thing to keep in mind is that vehicles are not built in order by VIN # though. One car may have VIN #145687 and the next one behind it may have #139886. Vehicles are scheduled so that you don't end up with 6 convertibles in a row or 20 Cobra's in a row, etc....

·
Registered
835 Posts
They probalby shuffled the deck of Bullitt ID stickers too after making how ever manywhere reserved for dignitaries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts