Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the love to my beloved 3V a while ago and almost sold the car entirely but deep down knew I would regret selling the car… so I kept it. The car has been sitting for a little over a year now and I have finally settled on a vision for it.

If you are interested in reading my former build of the car, you can find it here:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192767

Here are pictures of the car through its different looks/phases

December 2009 | When I took delivery of the car.

Summer 2010 – Summer 2011

Summer 2011-Summer 2012

Summer 2012 – Winter 2012

Present 2013

I’ve been through a lot with the car and it’s pretty obvious I have a solid emotional connection with it. I am pretty sure I’ll never get rid of it. Took me a while to come up with a build, and I’m still not done polishing the details, but the big picture is there.

Providing a build thread so many of you can follow along and possibly get ideas and answers towards your own S197 modifications.

Engine (not finalized): Full GT500 Engine and Transmission swap
-5.4L 4V Iron Block V8 (2007-2009) Production Engine
-FRPP 2013 GT500 8.5 Quart Oil Pan
-2013 GT500 Fan
-Stock Supercharger (for now) with smaller pulley
-Haven’t decided on CAI yet
-Possibly FRPP TB
-Stock Manifolds
-Battery Trunk Relocation
-Mufflers: Stock Bullitt/GTB axlebacks (for now)

Transmission: TR-6060 6-Speed Transmission
-MGW Short Throw Shifter
-1-PC Driveshaft
-BMR DS Safety Loop
-FRPP Clutch Line (M-7512-A)
-2010+ GT500 Clutch and Flywheel

Suspension
KONI Sport (Yellow) Struts and Shocks
FRPP “L” Springs (M-5300-L) – Not finalized
GT500 Strut Mounts (M-18183-C)
GT500 Front LCA Arms (M-3075-E)
2011+ Ford OEM Swaybar Endlinks
BMR K-Member with Stock Motor Height and Stock Steering Rack
BMR LCA + Relocation Brackets
BMR UCA and Mount
BMR Panhard Support Brace
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
FRPP Sway Bar Kit (M-5390-A)
FRPP Bump Stop Jounce Kit (M-5570-A)
FRPP 14” Brembo Brake Kit
7/8” Spacers at all corners with Extended Studs
-If I have time I will remove rear axle, remove surface rust and paint it black. Going to swap fluid in the rear too and change out the diff cover.

Appearance: Still working on it.
-Removing washer nozzles on the hood and filling in the holes. Removing washer fluid system all together
-Removing Sirius Sat Wart on the trunk and filling in the holes. Relocating it inside the rear window.
-Removing front antenna on fender and filling in the holes, doing a stealth antenna inside the top of the front windshield
-Removing the window tint. Doubt I’ll reinstall it.
-Stock appearance for the most part with the exception of a couple things. I’d like to keep the overall “muscle car” character of the car intact.
-Reconditioning all exterior plastics and replacing some trims that are either damaged or weathered beyond repair
-Ton of TLC with the paint, new front bumper too.

Interior: Plain/stock
-Reconditioning all the interior trim pieces
-Reconditioning leather interior
-Probably a single aeroforce interceptor gauge

Enough of that though… time for destruction!

Started with the interior. Removed Navigation head unit and will be putting a Shaker 500 back in. I don’t need anything advanced since the car isn’t a DD.

Removed push button start gimmick.

Removed hands free aftermarket system, bunch of wires I don’t need back there.

Guy who installed this system did a hack job putting it in, crap all over the place and not tied down. I need to repair the harness too.

After all removed.

Backseats out and all of carpet trim

Removing sat wart

Removing front antenna

Picture of ole’ faithful

The wiper cowl has seen better days.

DD sitting outside during its tenure.

Wiper Cowl removed and here are the wiper motor arms

Taking note that I need a new cabin filter

Removing roof trim as one of them was damaged and they are both pretty weathered. Ton of dirt behind them.

Cleaning party in my basement… Yes it is a functional parts warehouse for the cars.

Right = before, left = after a coat of Mother’s back to black

Took the grille off and will be cleaning that too

Last drive of the 3V. Took off the hood and drove it to McDonalds to show off this glorious stallion.

We talked over all the memories we’ve had together and how this relationship simply wasn’t working out.

Windshield washer fluid delete = 50 hp

YUMO you’ve been too good to me.

Definitely doing a horn relocation, probably where the windshield wiper fluid was.

destruction continues

Found some nice carnage from the body shop that repaired my car in NC. Horrible work. I will probably cut this out and weld in a piece from a junkyard car

Trans out

removing refrigerant and such from the A/C before pulling the engine.

Engine out

Cleaned it up a little

Pushed car back into it’s storage space until I locate a donor engine.

Waiting for a new owner.

In the mean time I’ll be doing smaller projects like reconditioning the stock mufflers.

A wire wheel does simple wonders

What the tip looked like before

Until next time.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I guess the term "ambitious" would be an understatement here. If I had the bucks, I'd do exactly the same thing. Would love to drop a 5.4 supercharged motor in the front of this car. The ultimate sleeper.

Please keep us in the loop, this is good reading!

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Hi Cam ...

Well both of us spend time on here as well as S-197.

This will be very easy to follow on this INTERNET Site. :)

That will be such an Awesome Machine when completed.

Thanks for taking your (Time) to post all the pics. as well as doing all the Text to describe everything.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have always wanted to do this. Are you the first to do it?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to keep you guys entertained with this new project.

I guess the term "ambitious" would be an understatement here. If I had the bucks, I'd do exactly the same thing. Would love to drop a 5.4 supercharged motor in the front of this car. The ultimate sleeper.

Please keep us in the loop, this is good reading!
It's been a long road with the car, coming up on 4 years of owner ship on this December 25th. Car has been with me through thick and thin and it's time I give it the treatment it deserves.

Hi Cam ...

Well both of us spend time on here as well as S-197.

This will be very easy to follow on this INTERNET Site. :)

That will be such an Awesome Machine when completed.

Thanks for taking your (Time) to post all the pics. as well as doing all the Text to describe everything.

tigerhonaker
I knew you'd find your way to viewing this thread sooner or later lol.

I am very anxious to have finally started something I've been planning for a long time.

Hopefully I will have this done by summer and will be bringing it along with my convertible to Carlisle this upcoming June.

I have always wanted to do this. Are you the first to do it?
I've seen plenty of GT500 swapped S197's, but no Bullitt Mustangs that I've found.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Looking forward to keep you guys entertained with this new project.

It's been a long road with the car, coming up on 4 years of owner ship on this December 25th. Car has been with me through thick and thin and it's time I give it the treatment it deserves.

I am very anxious to have finally started something I've been planning for a long time.

Hopefully I will have this done by summer and will be bringing it along with my convertible to Carlisle this upcoming June.

I've seen plenty of GT500 swapped S197's, but no Bullitt Mustangs that I've found.
Hey Cam ...

I don't miss much on this INTERNET Site. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully I will also make Carlisle this year.

Be nice to say Hello to you in person.

Also to check out your multiple Machines !!!

The Bullitt project is going to be something to behold IMO.

I can only speak for myself but IMO I will not be the only one here that will be reading all your posts on this New-Project.

Good-Luck with it.
Terry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looking forward to the results..Nice to see someone who thinks very similar to myself...Good luck on the project man!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good luck and I thank you for being the guinea pig.

·
Premium Member
13,816 Posts
Cool build. 8) Breaking the popcorn out for this one.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad that you guys are saddling up some front row seats.

I'm honing in on an engine and hopefully this will be the one.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Cam, good luck with the build. I would love to turn an '08/09 Bullitt into a NASA spec Mustang race car and w2w race it. Just a little thing called money in my way at the moment. :wink:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cam, good luck with the build. I would love to turn an '08/09 Bullitt into a NASA spec Mustang race car and w2w race it. Just a little thing called money in my way at the moment. :wink:
I was itching to turn this car into s NASA spec car and get into racing, but I convinced myself that if I destroyed this car I would never forgive myself. I wish I had a roller to put this engine into though... lol.

5.4 in a Bullitt will be a real cool sleeper, thanks for the write up and pics. Good luck with the build.
Thanks!

Plan to hard park the car on a lift this week. Dropping the stock k member, removing all suspension components on the front. Also going to drop the rear axle and wire brush it and paint it black possibly this weekend.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finalizing deal tomorrow for the engine/harness/ecu

1 - 20 of 450 Posts