Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
There are a range of ideas. I thought I'd take it easy on mine but when I picked it up at the dealer they specifically said drive it how you want to from day 1. So I did, I didn't hit the rev limiter for maybe 1K miles, I've only done it once actually, but I reved to 6K almost immediately, after the engine was warmed up of course. We have a 5/60K powertrain warranty and it is a premium version of Fords lone sports car so I think they designed it to be thrashed on. I'd say almost every time I drive mine I run it up to at least 6K if not 6400 and run through at least 1st and 2nd real strong, I'd do it through 3rd and 4th but you are doing almost 120 in 3rd at redline..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I let my wife pick up Bullitt and she drove it around town and to work for 3 weeks. Then I picked it up and drove 600 miles of interstate, and commuted 70 miles per day on I10 every day, immediately. Seems fine at 27k miles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bought it with 500 miles on it, drove it like I would have after 10,000 miles.

Have 3300 on it right now, every time I take it out I get on it atleast once.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For the first 500 miles I varied the rpm's, kept them below 5000 then changed the oil and lived happily ever after.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ford says, BREAKING-IN YOUR VEHICLE
Your vehicle does not need an extensive break-in. Try not to drive
continuously at the same speed for the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of
new vehicle operation. Vary your speed frequently in order to give the
moving parts a chance to break in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CVA said:
For the first 500 miles I varied the rpm's, kept them below 5000 then changed the oil and lived happily ever after.

I broke mine in the same way. Try never to "lug" the engine from low RPM's in high gear at low speeds. The engine is all aluminum so wait until it's warmed up before getting on it. Als, don't jump on the brakes hard for the first few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Bullitt Czar - Let me get this right, Location - Kuwait??? Two questions:
1. What is the price per gallon for gas in Kuwait? ( I know, sold per liter as I experienced in person)
2. With the intense heat of the desert environment, were any changes made in the antifreeze, oil composition, window tint or other factors to help your Bullitt cope with the intense heat?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The price of gas is 89 cent per gallon for 95 Octane.
I didn't do any modification to it the car has only about 350 miles and I drive it very rarly i will more in the winter time plus when I take it in for the first service I see what they recommend as far as oil and antifreeze.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Rockola said:
Ford says, BREAKING-IN YOUR VEHICLE
Your vehicle does not need an extensive break-in. Try not to drive
continuously at the same speed for the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of
new vehicle operation. Vary your speed frequently in order to give the
moving parts a chance to break in.
In other words no cruise control and don't go over 5000 rpm until after you reach 1000 miles, then drive the p*ss out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts