Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from Lunch today, I saw this Caddy XLR about 1/4 mile back, next thing I know he's right next to me. It was a V Series car, the one with the 469 hp S/C Northstar in it! The silver haired dude driving it had raced up to get next to 3649 and have a look. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up and I nodded back. Fully aware that the Caddy he was driving could walk on me at will without breathing hard, I did not downshift to third and hit it.
The cool thing is that very few other drivers of $100K cars would even give us a passing glance. But this was just another guy who liked American muscle, and had the means to afford one of the best. Gear heads are all the same, I guess. :wink:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Those things are really under 'tire'd for the amount of power they have!

BTW, he would have only beat you by maybe a car length or two on the highway from third!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
COOL! That XLR CADDY is pretty rare, and as you probably know they are based on the CORVETTE but with the NORTHSTAR . I have only seen one on the road myself.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
This is an XLR-V (the V's are really rare)

I think I would've put a couple lengths on him though.. ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its not rather you win or loose...its that you ran the race. I would have dropped it on him just to see him do it too. Even when you're behind a car length or two it always good to see serious muscle being squeezed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fox1x said:
This is an XLR-V (the V's are really rare)

I think I would've put a couple lengths on him though.. ;)

This is an XLR-V. Note the mesh grille that all V series cars have.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but ain't playing with 443 hp and 414 torque with a blower! He wasn't trying to get me to run him, just wanted a look at the B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.