Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just looking for information I plans on just mildly moding the intake. Will I see a benefit of the full length header and short mid or just a shorty header?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Long tubes will give the best torque over a wide RPM range. If you are going thru the work to put on any header,might as well go for the best....KOOK'S !

·
Registered
591 Posts
You will definitely get the best power with long tubes. Shorties are a waste. You may want to consider the bassani mid-lengths though. You will get almost as much power as a long tube, plus your collectors are up higher so they won't ever drag (especailly important if the car is or will be lowered) and they won't be in the way for starter swaps, or trans/clutch work. I have the midlengths on mine, they should be plenty for a mildly modded car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
definitely go with the long tubes, for performance AND sound. Also, down the road if you go with more power adders they will be much more beneficial. The car already has shorties so you won't be changing much if you go with new shorties.

If you lower the car be careful I would only go as low as H&R, which is what I'm running for springs. Car looks great, and I saw another stang with sportlines and if they have LT headers, they probably look like kazoos after hitting bumps and such.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think the point should be made that going to long tubes also means a change in at least the H pipe as in modified or a new one. I put on "shorty" BBK's over the summer for much the same reason as you. Not looking to go over board with mods, etc.
As far as the difference in power numbers are concerned, perhaps some one can put up ACTUAL number differences between the two. Not the ones claimed by manufacturers, etc., but, real numbers. My guess is that shorties like mine are not that much different powerwise than the long tubes. As I said with long tubes you have to modify the rest of the exhaust somehow to accomidate them. That ususally means a after market set up that WILL get you better numbers. At anyrate, changing from the stock "logs" to aftermarket headers are going to get you better numbers regardless of which kind you go for... :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just noticed that on RPM outlet Bassani mid lengths are going for $559 shipped (to commercial address). This seems like a pretty good deal right?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thats a good deal from RPM mine were 569 from Houston Performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts