Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer test drivng my bullitt and i saw some guy looking at the car i was buying. i promptly notified my salesman and he told me no problem, you are the owner that car is no longer for sale. well after our conversation, i went out and the guy looking at the car struck up a conversation. Come to find out, he was actually up there a week or so ago looking to buy the car, but really wanted a DHG, so he went to NC and purchased his.

he told me that the factory ground effects were stolen off his car before it left the transport truck. well that was disturbing news to say the least. Back in March, my probe was stolen for the stereo along, and i have never looked at people the same. now that i have a limited production, car and to add to that i have the most limited color, i am worried about theives. I know how everyone wants the gas cap, and body effects so here is my plan to keep my car intact.

1. i am striping the screws that hold on the gas cap, i pland to just drill them smooth. The cap has no reason to come off, it is does, there must be a problem.

2. i am also going to take the dremel and grind down the screws that hold on the body molding around the bottom of the car.

3. a well hidden killswitch, i repear well hidden.

4. a top flight alarm, probably one with pager notification and proximity sensors. I am prepared to do what ever it takes to protect my baby. I know tooooooo many people all in 5 months time who have had their car broken into, or stolen.

5. common sense, there are some places the the bullitt will not be parked. i dont just mean bad neighborhoods, i mean places like the track, car shows, etc.

6. as always, i will never turn down my street it there is a car infront of me, behind me, or coming up the road on the opposite side. I DONT TRUST ANYONE.

I would like to do something to protect the wheels more, but the way they are designed, all you need is a pair of vice grips, and off the locks come.

the things people do for their cars!!!!
have i forgoten anything?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You seem a little paranoid my friend, while it is understandable, keep in mind that in life the only people we can control is ourselves. For all other applications I recommend High explosives and heavy firepower. Good luck and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hate to say it but if they want your car....they will get it!!! There is nothing you can do about it.

The car itself has the factory key setup. I installed a very good Clifford (now DEI) alarm system.

It only takes them a minute or so to back up one of those drop tow trucks with the lift under the bumper and it is gone.

Just be careful out there.

Paul G.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Blubullitt

I am a little paranoid as well. I had a Clifford Concept alarm put into my car. It has the proxemity sensors so that people who linger by the car get a nice shrill. $800 professionally installed. I know you can get teh paging system as well. I can't have a paging system because if I caught the person I would kill them.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've got the Ford 400 alarm installed at the dealership. It integrates nicely into the ar and I get to keep using my factory remotes. One of the nicer things about it is that the Starter killer engages automatically after 40 seconds even if the alarm is not armed.
I also only take my car out when I'm looking to drive it. It's not a daily driver so it sits safe and sound in my Garage most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Like was said before, if they want your car, or a piece of it, they will get it. I'm not against alarms, but if the subject is a professional, and even thinks the car is alarmed, he can get around it most of the time. A local Dodge dealership had several (6-12?) factory stereos taken from new Ram truck while on the lot over night. The trucks were locked and STILL locked the next morning. If they want it bad enough they will get it.
Cam

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm with Ray on that one. Nothing better than a warm AK-47 after chasing down would be thiefs. But I still sleep softly and carry a large caliper weapon. State laws here are great for that. Shoot first then ask questions.

01 Highland Green Bullitt #180
#68 F-Stock SCCA Solo II

68 Gulfstream Aqua Mustang Coupe
#3056 No Electronics Drag car

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toms6801 on 2001-08-01 02:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-31 16:17, chilli bullitt wrote:
Like was said before, if they want your car, or a piece of it, they will get it. I'm not against alarms, but if the subject is a professional, and even thinks the car is alarmed, he can get around it most of the time. A local Dodge dealership had several (6-12?) factory stereos taken from new Ram truck while on the lot over night. The trucks were locked and STILL locked the next morning. If they want it bad enough they will get it.
Cam

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I tell you what, when the they come to steal my car, I will kindly divert them to your car, or anyone else car who dosent feel they need to take EXTRA precaution to protect their Special edition, cars. I am not going to sit back and live by that philosophy, if they want it they will get it. TRUE, they will but they are gonna have a time with the precautions i am taking. Maybe you have never had a car of yours stolen, it is not a good feeling. I never want to go through that again, and will do all i can to prevent it from happening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-01 02:09, Toms6801 wrote:
I'm with Ray on that one. Nothing better than a warm AK-47 after chasing down would be thiefs. But I still sleep softly and carry a large caliper weapon. State laws here are great for that. Shoot first then ask questions.

I am with both of you guys, but here, the courts seem to have sympothy for these theives. they never catch them, and when they do, they never do any real time. but me, "Mr. Joe Citizen" cant seem to protect my investment without being asked, hey, why did you unload the full extended clip, loaded with black talons into a car thief.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts