Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you've all seen'em already, but refresh your memory with the pics in this link...

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/LAAUTO2000/index.htm

Where, oh where, can we get that rear bumper cover? It distinguished the Bullitt from a standard GT so well, I have to have it.

Also the steering wheel...

http://www.stangnet.com/concepts/bullitt2.html

TrueBullittBlue #2345:

- K+N Filter w/ housing removed,
- X-Bassani Pipes,
- 62mm double bore,
- Aluminium Driveshaft,
- Complete Alluminium Interior Components; Buttons, switches, Dash, E-brake, etc.
- Directional LED Mirrors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-09-01 14:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well I posed the question to Art Hyde as to what happened to and how can we get a hold of the rear bumber cover, rear spoiler, and 18" wheels on the prototype Bullitt. His response was that the rear spoiler was originally designed for the 99 Cobra but was droped for both the cobra and the Bullitt because of quality and cost issues. The Wheels he had no response on and the rear bumper cover is a standar GT bumper cover with the vent holes filled in with bondo. So, What I am going to to is order a GT bumber cover from http://www.stangparts.com for $80.00 and have a body shop make me one that matches the prototype car. I am looking into the wheels offered by Performance Wheel Outlet that they advetise as "The Bullet in 18X9.5" so as to give the car the same stance and meaty apperance the concept car had. As far as the rear spoiler is concerned I am contacting some manufactures to see if they have anything close to or might make a version of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-08-28 08:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I went to Stangparts.com and they list the bumper cover for $249.00. But their add in MM&FF advertises a 99-00 GT rear bumper cover for $80.00 + $15.00 packaging and shipping and handling.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That car is so shiny it's hard to tell some of the details! I do like most of the parts, but I think I like the production trunk better (no spoiler). I'd have to see it in person to judge better. Love the rotors, could add them easily. Love the 18's. Looks pretty good...

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
OKC, I wonder if that tiny "lip" spoiler that the SHO had for a couple of years could be modified to fitt a Bullitt deck lid?????

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
99 that is a possibility, I'll have to look into that. Do you recall what year SHO would have the spoiler most like the prototype?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
TrueBlue & OKC,

You know, Classic Designs might be able to make that rear grill cover insert for us if there is enough interest. They do make front and rear "spats" to go with their side pipe kit. The spats are made of the same bumper cover material. http://www.classic-designconcepts.com/
Check it out.

Bullitt220

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-08-28 22:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hey guys, I took my own suggestion and sent classicdesignconcepts an email inquiry. I'll let you know what they say.

In the meantime you all might want to contact them too so's they know we all are serious.

Bullitt220

·
Registered
98 Posts
Isn't it a shame we have to go through so much trouble to get our cars back to the original concept for the car. God that concept car is beautiful, no GT on the side, LOW profile spoiler, no vent holes on bumber covers, 18"- wider wheels and no red brake caliper. I'm sure there's more I've forgoten but just to get our cars back to looking like the concept car cost big bucks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've read that the Steering wheel was different on the prototype, what was the difference. I've looked all over to see what it looks like. I do wish that our Bullitts had come with an 18" wheel instead of the 17"

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i can't remember if it was Blakwing or Mus408 that put the FR500 steering wheel on their Bullitt but man oh man that looks good on our car!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft(on order)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
Porterfield Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads(on order)
MGWLTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-29 15:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The steering wheel from the concept car was awesome. In an online chat on mustangweekly.com someone asked Art Hyde why they were not putting it into production and his reply was something about safety issues. That's bull####. Take a look inside a new Mercury Mountaineer. That's where the Bullitt production steering wheel lives.

I'm thinking about ordering one in dark charcoal and getting one of the Bullitt wheel hubs to insert over the Mountaineer logo on the center of the steering wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts on the fesability of doing this?

Bullitt220

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Mountaineer steering wheel and the Bullitt concept are not the same. I'm not saying the Mercury wheel wouldn't look good in your Bullitt, (might be kinda interesting) but the concept is much different. You can see it in an article in the December 2000 Motor Trend. I'm will try to post a picture in the future. I'd be interested in the steering wheel too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've always like the Concept Car's deletion of any type of fake side brake scoop behind the doors. The C-stripe looks very clean that way. I'm going to see if it's monetarily feasible to have my scoops removed and the holes filled. Besides, I've noticed the black paint on the scoops doesn't quite match the rest of the car. Plus, if I ever sold my car the new owner could punch holes and remount the cover if they wanted to.

I'd love the concept's rear bumper cover, too. As well as the concept's hood and wing.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well 4542 ,

You haven't burst my bubble but think about it. From concept to production... bean counters at Ford. Bullitt fuel door hmmm... lets give them this flat aluminum thing... they'll never know the difference.

All I'm thinking is that if they were going to make a Bullitt steering wheel for production, that would be about as close as they would come.

Hmmm... I'm still thinkin' bout it.

Bullitt220

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-29 14:49, Green Pony wrote:
I've read that the Steering wheel was different on the prototype, what was the difference. I've looked all over to see what it looks like. I do wish that our Bullitts had come with an 18" wheel instead of the 17"

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Well here ya go. Try not to cry as I have been that these items didn't make it to final production.

http://www.stangnet.com/concepts/bullitt2.html

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks alot. Now I know what I'm missing! That steering wheel is beautiful. I had no idea. I'm so sad now. See what you've done.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-29 15:30, mystang99 wrote:
i can't remember if it was Blakwing or Mus408 that put the FR500 steering wheel on their Bullitt but man oh man that looks good on our car!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft(on order)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
Porterfield Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads(on order)
MGWLTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

The FR500 concept steering wheel has the same shape as our stock steering wheel...
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/fr500wheel.htm

The concept for the Bullitt was completely different and I want it. NOW! Does anybody know who made it or a copy of it???
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts