Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first post was a bit rude. I just felt some of you guys were a bit arrogant about your cars. I disagree about what some of you have said and i will argue but i will be respectful. I am sorry and I don't want to be classified as a troll. Thanks Oliver,
ps i like all stangs including the bullit.
As merc said, the cobra just fit me better

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i will start again.
HI im oliver
i live in new jersey, and i drive a 99 mustang cobra, but like all mustangs.
I am not a troll just enjoy voicing my opinion even if it gets me into trouble.
I like the bullit it just wouldn't fit me. I have test driven it but have prefered my cobra. Good luck and keep the shiny sides up

·
Registered
724 Posts
Apology accepted, I don't agree that the Cobra is "cleaner" than the Bullitt. As for the interior - what's the differnece besides the obvious(seats,gauges,shifter)? Just the little things that are different - the layout is the same. As you stated earlier it's a Mustang. They're both sweet though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chalmers2212 on 2001-11-25 18:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok guys thanks for accepting. The difference between the 01 snake and b is the shifter(the aluminum one is from the 99 anni edition right?) the white faced gauges compared to the somewhat hard to read but cool looking guages, the trim around the shifter which i like, the seats. I personally like the alcantara as it held me better. Im skinny so i slide around in most seats. My 99 has sh*tty seats,like real bad. I think that is it on the inside. Oh can you tell me is different about the wheels. arent they just like the01 gt except they are a bit darker, thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
after checking out the mustang world posts this place looks like a church....anything you say over there gets ridiculed and beaten up...if your not one of the in-crowd or work at ford then forget it...i agree this should be fun..but you also should be able to voice your opnion..but not in a negative manner..

welcome oliver!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, thats right, i painted mine red too. i happen to like the cobra letters on there. it would be cool if they had bullitt written on them, instead of the pony

·
Registered
501 Posts
The only reason I stay on this site is because everyone is Proud of what they have and are mature.Try going to an AOL chat and you will know what I mean.Welcome Oliver.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt0399 on 2001-11-25 19:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the weather here is pretty nice. it was like 69 degrees. it rained later but it was gorgeous during the day. i dropped the top at the end of november, wow. I tell you though driving in the snow with bald 275 zrs and a light rearend is really fun. oversteer what is that lol

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm sure glad you apologized, 99svt32v, because our webmaster(who also wholly owns this site) almost whacked your membership.

He's real serious about folks adhering to the Terms and Conditions required for joining.

All we really care about is for everyone to just play nice.

We don't argue here, we discuss.

Thanks and welcome aboard. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I think I can sum up what happened here. To an outsider, pride can often appear as arrogance. Something you read or heard somewhere led you to believe Bullitt owners were full of themselves. You got here and discovered it was not what you expected, these guys aren't that big of a'holes. We actually know there are faster cars out there just like you do.

I will still argue which looks better though :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not gonna give up on the looks. the one thing i like the best about the cobra is the grilleless opening in the front. i just don't like the honeycomb and corral thing. my open space with the snake just looks meaner imho

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
well except for the french..............
those beret wearing, wine drinking, cheese eating pains in the worlds arse...grrrr

Relax, TB. At least the Raiders won again today! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 22:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think the Cobra white face gauges look pretty nice as for the wheels I like the Bullitt's much better. I know you can order them on a regular GT. I personally like the side scoops covered up better. I also like the retro seats better as well. But hell you can order almost all these part aftermarket.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, as long as we're on the subject of opinions, the biggest styling cue I like over the Cobra is the lack of a rear spoiler. How many Cobra's do you see with no spoiler? I'll take the functionless scoop (consider it as retro as the gauges) over a goofy rear wing that it seems every car on the road is sporting nowadays.

Sure I know it's functional "at speed". How many of you need to correct a loose handling car when cornering at speeds above 100 mph?

I had a body shop shoot me an estimate for removing a rear wing from a GT before I bought (it was either a Bullitt or a GT for me). I just hate them.

JMO

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-25 21:44, texasbullitt wrote:
well except for the french..............
those beret wearing, wine drinking, cheese eating pains in the worlds arse...grrrr

Relax, TB. At least the Raiders won again today! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 22:32 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

And yes, it took every ounce of strength I had to not put
into your signature TB!
I am proud of myself for not being evil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt on 2001-11-26 13:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
While I had No. 738 at the shop this morning (see my coma posting in Mech Probs.), I was parked beside a 2001 Cobra. The Cobra owner commented on how much better the Bullitt looks than the Cobra. Meaner-looking were his terms. It might have something to do with his car being silver, and IMHO that color does nothing for the Cobra at all.

BTW: He had just taken delivery yesterday, and had a rather long shopping list of problems for them to fix. Lots of trim defects.

i guess even the vaunted SVT can't do the simple stuff right.

See my Coma post for the update from the shop.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
relax relax... just having a little fun at the french's expense... and I am glad the raiders won but against the giants??? not a big test...remember we lost to seattle

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFL Texasbullitt!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts