Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it driving around town the other day and even followed it around but got tied up in errands.

Today I see it, parked on a local dealer's lot, up for sale.

I bought it new in '94, double black Cobra coupe, one of the last years of the 5.0L. I sold it 6 years ago with 17,000 miles. It just wasn't as lively as my '90LX5.0, so I dumped it. I hadn't seen it since. Frankly, it dissuded me from looking at 'stangs until the '99 body style makeover and when the Bullitt came out, that clinched it.

I drove a Tahoe with my baby in the back for the last couple years. Trucks can be OK, for a while.

So, today I'm looking at my old Cobra again on a lot. Sorry looking beast, with 46,000 miles and the interior all slicked-up and too slimy shiny for sale. Not beat, just dejected.

Our Bullitts are much, much more handsome than that old body style. The SN95 Cobra was too flary and swoopy. Weird. And I always wanted to yank off that overblown shopping cart handle! Bullitts are straight and simple. Much more solid looking and, of course, performance-wise there is no comparison. That old Cobra felt like a lead sled.

I was kinda' hoping the dealer would walk out and ask me if I was in the market. I just wanted to say, "Nah, just looking at my old 'stang." - with my Bullitt in hand. It's an obvious improvement.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-09-15 23:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
172 Posts
The last year for the 5.0 was 1995,not 1994;i have had both.I also had a 1996,the first year for the 4.6 DOHC in the cobra.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Gibscreen. But if you look at my edit, it was after I stood corrected.

I corrected my original post to reflect the education I received!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts