Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is needed install steeda pullies. When I did the T/A I needed an impact wrench to get the crank nut off...is this going to be necessary again? What about the other pullies.

·
Registered
543 Posts
2971, no need to change the alternator pully as it is the same size. On the water pump just unbolt it before you take the belt off. The crank bolt will come off with a breaker bar from under the car provided you have the car in 5th gear with hand brake applied. Remove the washer under the crank bolt and then pull the stock crank pulley off with a three bolt puller that Auto Zone loans out. Don't forget to apply hi temp sealer in the crank shaft keyhole before putting the Steeda pully on. Remember the Steeda bolt supplied with the pulleys is used just to partially press the pulley on. Don't bottom it out.

John

True Blue Bullitt #2731, Bassani X Pipe w/Cats, Magnaflows (welded in), 3.73 Gears, Aluminum Driveshaft, Pro 5.0 Shifter, MGW Shifter Arm, Densecharger, Superchips Chip, Steeda Pulleys, GT Fog Lights, Tinted Windows, Stongard, MGW Pieces, 30MM Spacers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2002-01-08 08:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2002-01-08 08:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2002-01-08 08:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can someone give me the steeda pulley part or kit number for our cars? Gonna order them this week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 08:01, TrueBlueBullitt wrote:
2971, no need to change the alternator pully as it is the same size. On the water pump just unbolt it before you take the belt off. The crank bolt will come off with a breaker bar from under the car provided you have the car in 5th gear with hand brake applied. Remove the washer under the crank bolt and then pull the stock crank pulley off with a three bolt puller that Auto Zone loans out. Don't forget to apply hi temp sealer in the crank shaft keyhole before putting the Steeda pully on. Remember the Steeda bolt supplied with the pulleys is used just to partially press the pulley on. Don't bottom it out.

John

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

When you say hi temp sealant, do you mean like gasket sealer or something else? I'd also like to know the part number is anyone has it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
The Steeda part number is: 701-0002
and high temp sealant is like Ultra Black RTV.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-03-19 15:07 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts