987 Posts
Not really.IMO

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Pulleys

MANX,

GOOD QUESTION ... :smile:

I was in San Anotnio about a month ago and met RANGERDOC there. Real nice man and he seemed to like his Steeda pulleys. You might want to holler at him and see what he says.

I thought about buying some but I heard somewhere that you have to press the balancer off the bottom pulley and press the new pulley on the balancer. I read a tech article and it seemed they had you boiling the original balancer and/or new pulley in water to get this done. Sounded kinda NUTZ to me so I blew it off. I can't remember who's pulleys were featured in the article but you might want to hit the parts websites and go in to "installation instructions" to see what all is involved (unless using the above method doesn't bother you ... ???).

I haven't found a set available that replaces the whole bottom balancer (which I think would be the best way to go).:smile:

By the way ... I'm still on call for the weekend but I might sneak over to Kemah tomorrow night if we don't get blessed by too much of this "liquid sunshine" again.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
The Steeda crank pulley is an SFI balancer/pulley. No funky assembly required. Taking the factory balancer/pulley off the crankshaft is probably the toughest part, and I never found that to be too difficult. Follow the instructions carefully and a first time installer can do them in an hour or so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Steeda pulleys on my bullitt. I could tell a little differance, the car wanted to rev faster. I didnt change the alt. pulley though, cause it was the same as our stock one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
01GTB said:
The Steeda crank pulley is an SFI balancer/pulley. No funky assembly required. Taking the factory balancer/pulley off the crankshaft is probably the toughest part, and I never found that to be too difficult. Follow the instructions carefully and a first time installer can do them in an hour or so.
Thanks BRO for settin' me straight. Got a birthday this month so I think I'm gonna ask the "in-house accountant" (i.e. WIFE ... LOL) if we can spring for the Steeda set.

By the way ... Yall do know that if we buy from American Muscle (and you are a member of IMBOC) we get a "club discount".

Just wanted to pass that on ... :~))

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Just remember if you go with Steeda's pulleys you need part #701-0002. They are for 96-99 Cobras and the Bullitt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts