Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to punch and tap my oil pan Saturday for my supercharger install. I would like to stay in my garge to do it but some say I need an air hammer and I dont have any air tools. Can I just use a regular hammer.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I started the hole with a small scratch awl and hammer,then moved up to a larger drift pin (punch). I keep going around and around with the punch untill the hole was the right size. This did take me a little time because I did it right and tried to keep the hole round. Take your time, keep the hole round and go small amounts at a time and you will be fine. Keep trying the fitting in the hole as you go. I have no idea why you would need an air hammer. After I finished installing the fitting in the pan I left it alone for many hours so the sealant would set up. I then drained the oil. After Vortech install I ran the engine for about 5 minutes and then drained the oil. No leaks, no problems with install, I then ran the engine for about 15-20 minutes, checked for leaks, belt issues (rubbing)and any other problems. I then drained the oil again.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I got mine welded on by the local muffler shop.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seem to be missing the piece that actully screws into the pan. Is this a piece that I can get at home depot or something I need to order from paxton?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.