Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that the purple print is hard to read in the forums. Any way of changing to a new and mnore readable color? Don't get me wrong: pruple IS my favorite color but it is a little hard on the eyes, especially for us over 40! LOL

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-18 10:31, TwoStangWmn wrote:
I find that the purple print is hard to read in the forums. Any way of changing to a new and mnore readable color? Don't get me wrong: pruple IS my favorite color but it is a little hard on the eyes, especially for us over 40! LOL

Vicki
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Hmm.. Vicki, where do you see purple print? It should be Yellow and Green and Grey, no purple.

Can I ask what Web Browser and Operating System are you using? I'll chase this one, but I am a bit suprised.

BTW: If you select "Edit your Preferences up in the upper right on this page, go to the themes popup menu at the bottom. Does it say "Bullitt"?

I'm here to help! :smile:

Mike (wearing the web admin hat as Bullitt :smile:)

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike: My browser is Internet Explorer 6.0 Does that sound right? All the Topics are in purple and Search, Private Messages, Membership, and FAQ Login are purple at the top of page on right. Left hand side moderated by Bullitt (just Bullitt is purple). The themes popup menu does say Bullitt. I found that when I click on the pruple words a couple times, they turn to yellow!

Vicki

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I only get the purple after clicking on the link and entering the forum. When you get back to the menu, the "seen" link turns purple showing you been there already. It is a bit hard to read.....

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-18 18:37, Dillo Dave wrote:
I only get the purple after clicking on the link and entering the forum. When you get back to the menu, the "seen" link turns purple showing you been there already. It is a bit hard to read.....

Hmmm... Sorry about this folks, I thought the colors were all "Bulitt-ish". I will attempt to figure this one out this weekend.

Worst case, I will try to come up with two themes (that you can select from your preferences settings) so that we can save some eyesight for watching for Law Enforcement (apologies to Crime Crusher.. just kidding. :smile:

Stay tuned. :-\

Mike

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Mike, just to add to the confusion, I just checked this on a PC with Netscape 4.7 and Iexploder 5.5 (I think 5.5 is right... the about info says 5.50.blah blah blah), NT 4.0, and the links looked ok. Might be an Iexploder 6.0 thingy. I can help with trying to proxy-ize it a bit with an $HTTP_AGENT check if you want... or I can stand back and find something else to dink with :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-18 21:31, warthog wrote:
Mike, just to add to the confusion, I just checked this on a PC with Netscape 4.7 and Iexploder 5.5 (I think 5.5 is right... the about info says 5.50.blah blah blah), NT 4.0, and the links looked ok. Might be an Iexploder 6.0 thingy. I can help with trying to proxy-ize it a bit with an $HTTP_AGENT check if you want... or I can stand back and find something else to dink with :cool:

I will probably look at tweaking a second theme with a different color for revised links, and see if that looks better for those using 6. I'm not sure I need to go as deep as $http-agent specifics in the code, but you n ever know. :smile:

What exactly is MS doing with 6 that is diff? :???:

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-18 18:37, Dillo Dave wrote:

Dave, what version of browser are you using? Is it IE 6 under a MS Windows OS?

Thx

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Yeah, I think it is something to do with IE 6. I will come up with a secondary theme (selectable from the "edit your preferences" link) that might take care of it.

Vicki/Dave: any chance I could get someone to email me with a screen snap of what the colors look like under IE 6?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-16 17:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
MIke, I'm using IE 5.5. Actually, now that I've looked at it closer, the only time the purple shows up is on the highlighted link. All the other links are Green or Yellow. When I click on the link, it turns purple, goes to the next page, and each link I click on turns purple, but the others return to their normal color. In other words, if there are 4 links, when I click on the first, it turns purple. If I click on the second, it turns purple and the first returns to its proper color. Did that make sense?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-19 08:51, Dillo Dave wrote:
MIke, I'm using IE 5.5. Actually, now that I've looked at it closer, the only time the purple shows up is on the highlighted link. All the other links are Green or Yellow. When I click on the link, it turns purple, goes to the next page, and each link I click on turns purple, but the others return to their normal color. In other words, if there are 4 links, when I click on the first, it turns purple. If I click on the second, it turns purple and the first returns to its proper color. Did that make sense?

Argh.. what you are saying makes sense, but I am not sure how to fix.. but I think I have a workaround. I'll just change the "highlight" link color to something other than the red/purple color and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-19 09:27, Bullittoid wrote:
On 2001-05-19 08:51, Dillo Dave wrote:

Argh.. what you are saying makes sense, but I am not sure how to fix.. but I think I have a workaround. I'll just change the "highlight" link color to something other than the red/purple color and see if that helps.

Dave/Vicki:

Is it white now?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yea, it is! Good Job! Much better to see now!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-19 10:40, Dillo Dave wrote:
Yea, it is! Good Job! Much better to see now!

It was a hack, but at least it is working. :smile:

Hopefully Vicki has the same luck.

Mike

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike: Nope, still purple words. But I am learning to deal with it, that's OK. I tried IE 5.0 and it is the same. After I click on a topic and then go back, it has turned either yellow or white, tho. I just have to click on it to be able to read what the purple says--then it turns yellow. It's cool tho, really!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-19 13:38, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Mike: Nope, still purple words. But I am learning to deal with it, that's OK. I tried IE 5.0 and it is the same. After I click on a topic and then go back, it has turned either yellow or white, tho. I just have to click on it to be able to read what the purple says--then it turns yellow. It's cool tho, really!

Vicki

Vicki,

Did you try the Bullitt-2 theme "Edit your preferences"? Any better?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike: tried the Bullitt-2 theme. I get green, yellow, blue, and purple words! It is real PRETTY! When I click on the purple TOPIC letters ("purple print" for ex.) it turns to white. NO problem! More colorful for me.

Vicki

1 - 17 of 17 Posts