Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting a flowtech off road X-pipe with mil elims on. The sound is alot better but a little higher pitched than I wanted. The idle is very quiet, but when you get on it ... WOW !
I can definatly fell more power in the mid to higher rpms. Very good mod and I recomend this to anyone. I like when I spend a few hundred dollars and can tell a diference across the whole powerband!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah,the X-pipes will change the sound a bit. Thats why I went with the "super" flow factory cats,a slightly difficult home shop mod! It sounds a lot deeper than stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where do you get the super flows ?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-08 23:07, Mus408 wrote:
Yeah,the X-pipes will change the sound a bit. Thats why I went with the "super" flow factory cats,a slightly difficult home shop mod! It sounds a lot deeper than stock.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super flows are cats that have suffered from a few bangs of a hammer and screw driver.

Removing the screen made it sound a little meaner, but I couldn't feel any difference. Some have said this will make it run a little rich but mine is doing just fine. I have heard that ford had to detune the car to meet emissions and the air induction is where they did it.. Just make sure when you take out the screen you leave the rubber seal so it will still have a good seal.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I left the seal in it...cant really tell if there is a difference yet, also have herd on several occaisions that rotating the maf sensor counter clockwise will lean out the car and make it run better. anyone have any insight on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts