Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing was a Beast to put on & I had access to a muffler shop & lift with help from a pro
the driver side leaked bad we had to put some stuff called dumb dumb on it to stop it
I like BBK stuff & thats what I wish I had got
But man this car sounds so BAD now

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you don,t mind me asking, what in particular was difficult? I am wanting to put on a MAC o/r pipe, it looks pretty straight foward. Was it the alignment or the swapping of the 02 sensors?

·
Registered
452 Posts
IF it was a mac off road pipe did you replace the drivers side studs with bolts??? that is the key.. no biggy. ME and my buddy put mine on with jack stands in my garage and no leaks. Doug

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Were there any performance gains?

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-10-24 21:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep thats was one problem with the thing I wish I had changed to bolts that may have fixed the leak
Man it sounds like a 70s race car or something ITS BAD get one you will love it

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yup that is the key... IF anyone else is going to put on a MAc O/R hpipe. Email me I have all the info you need on bolt sizes you need and tools and the hole 9 yards. It really is not that bad if you have a good step by step install process....
Doug

·
Registered
60 Posts
Doug - my Mac H pipe arrived today. I'm not going to be able to install it until next week. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks again for the help!

By the way - does anyone know what size clamp to put on the crossover pipe? I think its 2.25 inches?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I installed my mac pro-chamber off road pipe and I did't have to replace any studs. (It also helps if you have air tools)Are you using mil from dallas mustang? If not your check engine will come on after about 50 to 100mi.and when that happens your fuel mixture will go rich,also timing will be retarted. That means no gain in horsepower.You can use a chip also, but you know what my thoughts are on that subject.Did
I see a horsepower gain, why yes I did only
about 1.5mph in 1/4 mi. (thats about 15hp.)

·
Registered
452 Posts
The Mac Pro chamber comes with the sleve and the Mac O/R H doesnt. Why Mac did not put the sleeve on the O/R H is beyond me. But for the price, it is no biggy for me. IT only takes like 10 minutes to back the studs out. My buddy did a dyno test with the Mac H, prochamber and X pipe. The difference in power was not much different.

just take the pipe into the auto parts store with ya.. and find the clamp that fits right... I forgot to note the size.

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts