Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just found some stainless steel Pypes Headers and they are relatively cheap...I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about the company...might go with their x-pipe too which is stainless and 16 gauge. Just wondering if anyone might have a heads up for me! Thanks!
Shawn

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
A couple of reviews from a few years back said their individual products had some fit-n-finish issues, like some seemed to mate right up and some seemed to have been welded/constructed while drunk, but with any header and mid-pipe changeout, the biggest issue is getting the M10x50mm bolts and new OEM ford gaskets for the header-to-midpipe connections to avoid gasket blow-by...

do a thorough search through old threads here, and you will find posts about it from me and others who have gone before you... good luck!

(BTW, just my opinion, but headers are a waste of money and time if you are not going to cross the 500HP mark anytime soon... better to spend on good midpipe and mufflers and then spend the rest of the money you would have invested in the header install into other mods... just my.02... )

shaun

·
Registered
346 Posts
just put a set of pypes on a few months ago, fitment is great, and they sound awesome. They are a pain in the you know what to install. Also be careful with their midpipe. I'm not sure about the x pipe they sell but the h pipe I bought from them was a horrible design, didn't fit right and the o2 bungs pointed down!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bullitt2735 said:
just put a set of pypes on a few months ago, fitment is great, and they sound awesome. They are a pain in the you know what to install. Also be careful with their midpipe. I'm not sure about the x pipe they sell but the h pipe I bought from them was a horrible design, didn't fit right and the o2 bungs pointed down!
Yea that was my next question about install, kinda was wondering if it was something possible to do by yourself without a lift? I was thinking bout going with the BBK h-pipe since it will probably be a nicer set up but thanks for the input guys!
Shawn

·
Registered
346 Posts
Install for me was a pain with a lift, took over two days but that was because I didn't listen to everyone's advice and drop the k-member. The second time I did them was when I put on a tubular k-member. All you need is a few jack stands and something to support the engine while you drop the k-member to put the headers on. I used a bar I got from harbor freight I think it was $50. I'll try and get you a link

moral of the story is drop the k-member! but honestly the gains aren't huge for longtubes with our 2v engines until you get into the higher hp range. After doing the install twice I can say I'm glad I put the long tubes on, they sound awesome.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea since I plan on building a motor in the near future, I may just wait until then for the headers. Ill probably just take you alls advice and get an o/r x pipe since all im really going for is sounds and slight gains! Thanks for all the input!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yes,headers are a pain. But if you want to free up every last HP,plus some torque increase thru the RPM range, they are a must have,unless you have the big bucks to go with a supercharger!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i just ordered the o/r x-pipe and MIL eliminators so i guess we will see how it goes when I get back home for the install! Ill let yall know!

·
Registered
346 Posts
have fun with the install, Use plenty of wd-40 or pb blaster on the mid-pipe to header bolts, mine were very rusty. otherwise its a pretty simple install

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bullitt2735 said:
have fun with the install, Use plenty of wd-40 or pb blaster on the mid-pipe to header bolts, mine were very rusty. otherwise its a pretty simple install
Yea ive already had to replace one side a few months ago because of a speed bump...i hate those things!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts