Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a PP Bullitt. This is versus a K Bullitt. The chassis build number on the dash has either a K prefix or a PP prefix. This one is PP027. I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge or information on the number of PP vehicles built. Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
I think there were at least 35 built. Not sure how many over that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I just am wondering how hard it was driven knowing it was supposed to end up in a car crusher.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Typically they were used by magazines and other media for test purposes, so some likely went to the crusher. I know of two that were particularly used hard, PP0002 and PP0007. They made the Legend Lives Tour of Route 66 in 18. Two people sat in them without shirts, ruining the interiors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread had some info on the 002 and 007 cars.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
If I remember correctly (and that is getting questionable these days :rolleyes: ), it is the prototypes that get crushed as they were not build to production standards. The PP (or Pre-Production) are build in the production line and after use are sold as normal used vehicles. Only RED and BLUE were saved by Hoondog from the crusher. Hopefully, they will be able to save a '19 from the crusher.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typically they were used by magazines and other media for test purposes, so some likely went to the crusher. I know of two that were particularly used hard, PP0002 and PP0007. They made the Legend Lives Tour of Route 66 in 18. Two people sat in them without shirts, ruining the interiors.
If I remember correctly (and that is getting questionable these days :rolleyes: ), it is the prototypes that get crushed as they were not build to production standards. The PP (or Pre-Production) are build in the production line and after use are sold as normal used vehicles. Only RED and BLUE were saved by Hoondog from the crusher. Hopefully, they will be able to save a '19 from

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
DeginMoon, if you get a chance, please plan to attend a Bullitt Nationals, or a Hoondog sponsored event. They may have Red (a red 2008 Bullitt prototype, saved from the crusher) and Blue (a blue Boss 302 prototype saved from the crusher) on display. As Prototypes, they do not have titles and can never be tagged but are displayed as part of charity events. Hoondog puts on fantastic events and I think you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We purchased a PP back the end of May with under 400 miles on it. If you can look at favorites or previous destinations in the navigation you may learn more about the car. Ours was shipped to California and used by someone in the movie remake. Had the days and points along with the movie routes and diffferent points in the favorites. By the way it is an awesome car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts