Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im wanting to order 4.10 gears do i just need a reprogrammer to get the speedometer right and will 4.30 gears be a lot less gas mileage than 4.10 thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes you need to reprogram your PCM to reflect the gear change. You can do that with a SCT tuner. Won't be much difference between 4.10 & 4.30. If you plan on taking your Bullitt out on the highway frequently I'd stay away from 4.30 and maybe even the 4.10s.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a SCT and love it. I have heard some people not liking the predator. I know of one guy that had a predator didn't like it and went with the SCT and has been a lot happier. To me it's all personal preference.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
neither has to be dyno tuned. They both come with default tunes, you can also download other tunes from the internet, or you can have someone program a custom tune with it during a dyno session. If you plan on having it custom tuned, which IMHO, is NOT needed with virtually no power mods (real mods like ported heads, cams, etc, then yes a custom tune would be needed) then you should figure out who you want to tune your car and buy what they recommend.

I would do some google searches and find some solid reviews of both products. Additionally look at the websites for their features.

There is a good tuner in your area, or at least that is what everyone says, personally I have not used him so I am not speaking from experience. Jim @ SWTuning, he posts on here as well.

Also as I mentioned in your other thread... check out OKDHM. It's a good group of Mustang enthusiasts in OK. Most members are in OKC but there are quite a few in the Tulsa area as well.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
I have the Predator and like it. It was used lot by Bullitt guys and Mach guys. My bud with his Mach has the Predator too and it very pleased. Either one will work well for you, the Predator or the SCT. If you ever plan on upgrades that may require a custom tune, then you may want to check to see which shop locally that you would most likely use, contact them and see what they use so that will save you some money down the road for the custom tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts