Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have F-1's on 1594 and i thought they would work at Tulsa. Was I wrong! Now I'm ready for some slicks. I want to shop for a set of wheels and tires that I can carry to the track and use just for the 1/4 mile. I have 3.73 gears and a few mods (headers, ratio pullys, cold air, etc, usual stuff.) What wheel/tire combo would you recommend that will bolt on w/o clearance problems. Thanks. I've got to get into the 13's.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I would try drag radials before you go all out with slicks. Just don't be upset when you snap and axle or trash your diff. Safety-wise, I would say go with some harder axles and 31 spline with a beefier differential before you run slicks, or, at least trailer the Bull to the track!

But...to answer your question, I would suggest 15x8 Centerline wheels with, I think a 5.5" bs and a 26" slick. DR's should get you into the 13's with practice...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
I would try drag radials before you go all out with slicks. Just don't be upset when you snap and axle or trash your diff. Safety-wise, I would say go with some harder axles and 31 spline with a beefier differential before you run slicks, or, at least trailer the Bull to the track!

But...to answer your question, I would suggest 15x8 Centerline wheels with, I think a 5.5" bs and a 26" slick. DR's should get you into the 13's with practice...
the car should be in the 13s on street tires as it is...headers alone are a def performance increase...im sure the car is making 260-270 atleast at the wheels

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was running 13.8s on street tires and stock gearing, but similar mods otherwise. If you really need traction, get drag radials. Slicks are what I like to call "dangerous traction". They'll definitely hook, but be prepared to spend some dough on driveline parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts