Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing articles that say that the Bullitt GT hood scoop is different from the standard GT. Does anyone have a picture of the differences??

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
As far as I know it's the same. In 2000 they brought back the scooper and in 2001 they made it larger but on all GT's and the Bullitt.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Professor Bullitt said:
I keep seeing articles that say that the Bullitt GT hood scoop is different from the standard GT.
I read that somewhere, also.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
ahh mustang n00bs :D lol

it's the SAME scoop as the GT. They introduced the scope in 01 on all GTs. The hood is basically the same as 99/00 but just a scope bolted on top.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ezekial said:
ahh mustang n00bs :D lol

it's the SAME scoop as the GT. They introduced the scope in 01 on all GTs. The hood is basically the same as 99/00 but just a scope bolted on top.
Yup. n00bs ahahaha havnt used that word in a while. as well as PWNED lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Who cares I still hate the fact that i have this black hole of a scoop and its fake.
bwahahahaha mines not!! I dont have the honeycomb effect!! Custom functional hood scoop for me!! :cool:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bulistc5508 said:
bwahahahaha mines not!! I dont have the honeycomb effect!! Custom functional hood scoop for me!! :cool:
Yeah yeah, if i was still N/A i probobly would've gone that route but im not so its a 4" Cowl induction hood for me from H.O. Fibertrends

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Who cares I still hate the fact that i have this black hole of a scoop and its fake.
I agree. I removed mine, filled the holes, and had the paint "touched up". I think it cleans the car up even more.

I sold my scoop to another owner who tried the functional route, and needed an unmolested scoop to go back to stock. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I want to find a scoop similar to the one on the Concept. Is the 99' 35th one lower? I like how the concepts scoop was shorter and longer. Need to find something similar that can be made to look like the concepts one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Personally I can't tell the difference and haven't been able (or otherwise thought) to measure the two ... I like our's just the way it is ... :~))

Would kind of be nice if it was functional though ... (???)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
No, but my son had a 35th Anniversary GT. His was not raised as high as mine and the rear of the scoop was almost flush with the hood. They are very similar though, just that the one on the Bullitt sits up a little higher. You could try to find pics of a 1999 35th Anniversary Mustang GT (check the 35th Anniversary registry website) to see if you can tell how it looks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts