Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the one from sean hyland motorsports. What did it run and what packages did they have for you. Do you know what h.p. numbers you picked up. I see the shm has a kit and really want to modify 1667 but wanted to talk to someone who has thiskit on the 4.6. Are you happy with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Could you also post some picks I would love to see the look of the shm block in your car. Also how does the new motor feel as far as power.

·
Banned
535 Posts
The motor is being finished up as we speak. I did not go with SHM due to a number of problems that several other guys I know had. I found a local engine buider who has been building race motors for almost 30 years. This guy knows his stuff. I will post some pictures as soon as I can of the car and the motor. Here's a short list of the parts we're using. By the way, I saved about $2000 by not buying a SHM motor.

JE forged pistons
Oliver rods
SCAT billit steel crank
Canton Oil pan and pickup
Moly plasma rings
SVO block
Fully ported heads with AFM custom cams
Chevy springs (lot stronger)
All new valves (bigger)
My Bullitt intake and throttle body
30lb injectors (until the blower goes on) then 42lb
Pro-M mass air

The car will also be home to a new Tremec TKO tranny with a SPEC clutch, Steeda Tri-AX shifter for the TKO. The motor alone should be worth around 375-400hp. Throw the blower on there and it could be pushing 600hp.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Very good build up Bullitt 3304! Some real strong parts for the bottom end. Let us know how it runs.How many cubes will it be stroked out to?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where did you get the SVO block?
I didn't know they made one for the modulars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3304, what bad things did you hear about shm. I was always under the impression that ther were reputable. By the way how where is all the extra power coming from. I wouldn't up the compression ratio with the blower coming. I don't know that much about motors, but I am impressed with the numbers you mentioned. Thansk for any response you could give. and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts