Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My question is,
Just put in a 302 V8 5.0 Motor in my 95 Mustang.
The motor was rebuilt to what they said is 30 over. what ever that means, On the heads was stamped 030.
If such work was done to a 5.0 V8 motor what horse power should I expect to gain. The car also has a cold are induction system. a reasonable guess-estimate is what I am looking for. To be honest with you all I am not even sure what stock 95 Mustang GT hand 5.0 V8, came with. I am sure it is not that much... Any who.. any opinion would be appreciated. thank you.

Edit:WOW... just noticed the sig was fix, or at least the red x is gone... thank you who ever fixed it...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think 95's came with 215hp, So bored over your looking at maybe 225hp max if all else is factory(i.e. heads, cam, intake.) This is obviously my opinion, but this comes from my old experience with 5.0's.
Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black4592 said:
I think 95's came with 215hp, So bored over your looking at maybe 225hp max if all else is factory(i.e. heads, cam, intake.) This is obviously my opinion, but this comes from my old experience with 5.0's.
Good luck with it though.
Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
30 over,means you now have a 4.030 cylinder bore,which means you now have a 306 cube engine. Question of power is wide open,since I do not know what kind of cylinder heads you have,compression and camshaft timing. Stock setup would be around 215-230 with what you have stock.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mus408 said:
30 over,means you now have a 4.030 cylinder bore,which means you now have a 306 cube engine. Question of power is wide open,since I do not know what kind of cylinder heads you have,compression and camshaft timing. Stock setup would be around 215-230 with what you have stock.
In other words it is still gutless LOL but dam it looks good and sounds great. It has a Flowmaster system, and a Saleen Body kit. It will hold me over till the 08 Bullitt gets here.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
MARINE_V said:
My question is,
Just put in a 302 V8 5.0 Motor in my 95 Mustang.
The motor was rebuilt to what they said is 30 over. what ever that means, On the heads was stamped 030.
If such work was done to a 5.0 V8 motor what horse power should I expect to gain. The car also has a cold are induction system. a reasonable guess-estimate is what I am looking for. To be honest with you all I am not even sure what stock 95 Mustang GT hand 5.0 V8, came with. I am sure it is not that much... Any who.. any opinion would be appreciated. thank you.

Edit:WOW... just noticed the sig was fix, or at least the red x is gone... thank you who ever fixed it...
.030 on the heads I assume could mean the pistons, or they shaved the heads that much and then either used oversized headgaskets, or adjusted the intake gaskets and/or intake to fit.

as noted .030 means extra boring in the cylinders to true them up, which in turn means a bigger piston & rings

the heads being shaved mean they would shave the bottom of them that much which would increase your compression ratio since you are removing material from the base & making the combustion chamber a bit smaller. An oversized headgasket (thickness) would fill this gap, and bring it back to stock. I am not positive, but I don't think you can shave heads that far normally. I believe .010 is as far as you can go, but don't quote me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ezekial said:
.030 on the heads I assume could mean the pistons, or they shaved the heads that much and then either used oversized headgaskets, or adjusted the intake gaskets and/or intake to fit.

as noted .030 means extra boring in the cylinders to true them up, which in turn means a bigger piston & rings

the heads being shaved mean they would shave the bottom of them that much which would increase your compression ratio since you are removing material from the base & making the combustion chamber a bit smaller. An oversized headgasket (thickness) would fill this gap, and bring it back to stock. I am not positive, but I don't think you can shave heads that far normally. I believe .010 is as far as you can go, but don't quote me.
.030 is as far as you can go with milling the head surface befor you run into intake gasket problems. But then you can always run a thicker intake gasket. anywho, I ran gt40P heads that were milled .030 for a boost in compression.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the block is .30 over, it should be stamped on the block, not the heads. They may have milled the heads as previously stated which would increase the compression and HP, if they also bored it .30 over the power gains would be decent, but still limited to speculation without knowing what cam and compression ratio pistons were used. Stock was 215 hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts